2008 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.....MANCHESTER UNITED v CHELSEA

Started by Shrewdness, May 13, 2008, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

The shootout was full of twists. Ronaldo and that penalty run up - what the f**k was he thinking?

Kinda felt sorry for John Terry - if only because I dislike ronaldo so much. Im almost sure that the footage shown over here after the game showed Giggs telling Ronaldo to never hit a penalty like that again. Serious arrogance to put your team mates on the line like that in the shootout for the champions league final. Youve missed the last penalty son, get your head down and bury it. Stop arseing around like John Aldridge with Huntingdons Chorea.

BC1 doesnt like Terry - I do. Hes one of the few that remind me of Stuart Pearce. There was a man that had pride in his country. And couldnt hit a penalty well either!

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2008, 01:32:24 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on May 22, 2008, 01:26:04 AM
BC1 doesnt like Terry - I do. Hes one of the few that remind me of Stuart Pearce. There was a man that had pride in his country. And couldnt hit a penalty well either!
Psycho screaming, three lions on a shirt!!!

He made me hate England more than anything. A fecking Thatcher Nazi bastard.

He didnt make me think anything different about England. A man who would probably die for his team mates and his pride in the shirt of his country. Whats not to admire? Watched a documentary on him a few years back. A great leader. If he was Irish we'd have loved him more than anyone else.

Now that I think of it, I shouldnt compare him to JT in the slightest.

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2008, 01:41:31 AM
To me, he represented all that was wrong with the Brits. I could just picture him in the stand at Landsdowne Road, giving his salutes and that British 'we are the people' mentality, before wrecking the place.
A horrible figure.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7809.0

Gabriel_Hurl

What about thon wee bollicks lying crying face down in the middle of the pitch during the last penalty and shortly thereafter?

He hates being the centre of attention, eh?

pintsofguinness

Yeah I'd say attention was the only thing in his head at that stage gab.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bord na Mona man

Couldn't have fallen nicer in the end.
Drogba, Terry and Anelka causing Chelsea's downfall.
Pity Ashley Cole didn't miss his penalty too.

If Terry wasn't a professional soccer player, he looks like the kind of guy who'd be in uniform with a rifle defending Queen and country in Belfast or Basra or God knows where.

brokencrossbar1

There is a big difference between Pearce and Terry.  Pearce would be a player I would have great respect for.  He was an honest to goodness, tough man, Terry to me is a bully and a sneak.  He is the sort of lad would hit you a judas slap and run away and if you stood up to him he would cow down. 

I am glad people see him for what he is, maybe it's years of having the fcukers stuck in your face makes you dislike them that small bit more.  I can just imagine him standing there sneering as he lined me up through the sight on his M16, hunkered in a corner of a shop on the Square.  Bad cess to him and all his sort >:(

saffron sam2

I have to say I was absolutely delighted for John Terry last night - one for lippy black monkeys everywhere to enjoy.

But I also have to say that Chelsea's behaviour throughout the entire game (what with their diving, intimidating the referee, questioning every single decision, starting melees etc.) reminded me of the worst excesses of Mickey Harte's Tyrone teams.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

I dont know if this has been mentioned as i have avoided these threads like the plague, but does anyone think Drogba got sent off as to avoid taking a penalty........? I would have put the house on Anelka missing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIRQY04_xM4&feature=related

Some tenson last night. Chelsea were the better side in the second half but United created more in the first. United were lucky towards the end though. Penalties are always 50 / 50. Had turned away when terry went to take his but what a ending!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

passedit

QuoteI have to say I was absolutely delighted for John Terry last night - one for lippy black monkeys everywhere to enjoy.

Indeed and club doormen as well. tr**p of the highest order, a silver lining in a horrible night. I watched the first half in the office and was pondering who i'd like to lose more and it was a toss(er) up who it would turn my stomach more to see lifting the cup between Terry and the Drug cheat. I wandered out to the local pub in deepest hertfordshire (Spurs or at a pinch Arsenal heartland) for the second half. The pub was stuffed full of cockney w**ker Manu fans and i found myself almost hoping that chelsea would win (in the absence of a meteorite hitting the stadium) to put some brakes on this nauseous bandwagon.
Don't Panic

AZOffaly

Fair play to United, and I thought it was actually a good game. United should have been 3 up at half time, but after the goal Chelsea started to dominate midfield, and Essien wasn't under as much pressure, and started bombing forward himself. Chelsea the better team after half time.

Penalties is a lottery, but fair fucks to Anderson and Belletti, who came on, never touched the ball, and both scored their penos.

Drogba is an idiot.

Ronaldo was class for 40 minutes, and then got starved of the ball, but didn't seem interested in tracking Essien either.

All in all, I enjoyed it, and I think, in all fairness, the best team in Europe has become European champions, so as a neutral that's about as good as you can hope for.

Still hard to take as a Liverpool fan, but it would have been hard had Chelsea won it as well.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2008, 09:35:46 AM
Fair play to United, and I thought it was actually a good game. United should have been 3 up at half time, but after the goal Chelsea started to dominate midfield, and Essien wasn't under as much pressure, and started bombing forward himself. Chelsea the better team after half time.

Penalties is a lottery, but fair fucks to Anderson and Belletti, who came on, never touched the ball, and both scored their penos.

Drogba is an idiot.

Ronaldo was class for 40 minutes, and then got starved of the ball, but didn't seem interested in tracking Essien either.

All in all, I enjoyed it, and I think, in all fairness, the best team in Europe has become European champions, so as a neutral that's about as good as you can hope for.

Still hard to take as a Liverpool fan, but it would have been hard had Chelsea won it as well.
Other than Ronaldo's hilarious effort, I thought Anderson's was the one other pen that Cech could have saved. VDS should have saved both Lampard's and Cole's. .

Drogba's a hatful hoor, but he didnt deserve red for that IMO. He gave Vidic a sarcastic pat on the face, he didnt slap him. I don't believe he would have taken one of the 5 pens - but probably would have gone before Anelka.

If Grant had brought Belletti on with 20 minutes left and pushed Essien to midfield, I've no doubt Chelsea would have won.

I don't think Terry's slip had anything to do with his miss. The ball was well on its way before he went on his hole. Hopefully it keeps him awake at night for years to come...   

liihb

For me the presentation showed the difference between the clubs, and why I would cheer anybody ahead of Chelsea.
As a rep from the club, Utd send up Bobby Charlton, club ambassador, gentleman, and a legend of the game.
Chelsea send up Peter Kenyon, a Utd supporter making loads of cash at their club.
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

gallsman

Congrats Utd. prob deserved it over the course of the season.

On a completely different note, how Joe Cole didn't ened up punching the referee or linesman is beyond me. The amount of decisions he didn't get was ridiculous!