Euro 2008 Austria/Switzerland Official Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 12, 2008, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

What a game, had everything, would have been some craic if turkey had conceeded a goal at the end, a midfielder in goal for the penos. Fair play to them, some last 20 minutes but the czechs should have had a peno at 2-0
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ONeill

A great tournament so far. Some excitement.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

Some game tonight. Poor Cech is havin a tough oul time of it. Absolute howler!
Have to agree its been a great tournament so far with great attacking play. Think the fact that the English arent about for it is addin to the satisfaction!

nashville

Shortso79, the Czechs didn't finish bottom, the group works on head to heads, C.Republic beat Switzerland so they finished 3rd in the group, not that it matters a shite.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nashville on June 16, 2008, 01:29:23 AM
Shortso79, the Czechs didn't finish bottom, the group works on head to heads, C.Republic beat Switzerland so they finished 3rd in the group, not that it matters a shite.

Could matter greatly to lads who have a few quid on where teams finished in their group.Paddypower had odds for all that at the start of the tournament
Great tournament so far,really enjoyed most of the matches
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mayo4Sam

Anyone reckon Italy can go thru tomorrow? I reckon Holland could well roll over for the romanians.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Yes I Would

Hard to call. The Romanians arent good. Italians have had feck all luck, and the french have just lost the plot!!
Ill go for the "greasy wops"

Main Street

The Romanians were very good against an Italian team firing on all cylinders.
They were a better team than Holland in the qualifiers. They won't be afraid of Holland.
Holland have already topped the group.
I fancy the Romanians to go through.

useername

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 16, 2008, 11:20:14 PM
Hard to call. The Romanians arent good. Italians have had feck all luck, and the french have just lost the plot!!
Ill go for the "greasy wops"

i disagree, the romanians played the better football against italy and deserved to win, france were overrated from the start, i wouldn't pay any more than £5 million for ribery,

romanians to win 1-0 against the dutch is 15/2, they'll be resting 4 or 5 at least due to yellow cards and maintaining fitness,

also don't write off the germans just yet

Yes I Would

Still fancy the Germans to win it. Need to improve tho!!
Thought Romanians were dire against French and only for Referees joke of a decision to disallow goal would have been 1-0 against Italians at half time. Although depends on how dutch approach the game, they could find themselves in quarter final!!

anportmorforjfc

Makelele retires from France duty 

Chelsea's Claude Makelele has announced his international retirement after France were knocked out of Euro 2008 following their 2-0 defeat by Italy.

Makelele, 35, made his international debut for France in 1995, winning 71 caps, but he did not feature in their World Cup or Euro 2000-winning teams.

He played in the France side which lost the 2006 World Cup final to Italy.

Makelele said: "This tournament was my last. To have been allowed to wear France's colours, that's my trophy."

The Chelsea midfielder had said he intended to retire after the World Cup tournament in Germany in 2006, but France coach Raymond Domenech refused to acknowledge the midfielder's wishes.

anportmorforjfc

Top 10 free kicks in Euro Championships on BBC sport. Some great goals

Rav67

Russia have been outstanding first half, they play some cracking football pressing all the time and attacking at pace.  Arshavin and Pavulchencko works brilliantly up front, a major club in Spain, Italy or England are bound to snap up both of those after the Championships.