advise on buying jet ski's

Started by isourboydownyet, May 12, 2008, 03:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isourboydownyet

i am in the process of buying a jet ski and have looked at quite alot over this past month or so,both new and second hand,anybody have any good tips on what to advoid,prepared to spend 5 or 6k.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: isourboydownyet on May 12, 2008, 03:51:00 PM
i am in the process of buying a jet ski and have looked at quite alot over this past month or so,both new and second hand,anybody have any good tips on what to advoid,prepared to spend 5 or 6k.

thought i saw you queing @ the credit union on saturday there :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ziggysego

This might be more up your street.

Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Seriously don't buy one, after an hour or two on it you'll be bored stupid not to mention about £25 an hour on petrol. they really do get boring and i've spoke to a load of guys who are ready for off loading theirs. My advice would be to buy a boat instead, far more craic and you can chill out on the water and open a beer and throw the feet up.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hardy

Jet skiing - the nautical version of joyriding, but without the excuse of social disadvantage.

haranguerer

illdecide is right. You'll get bored in no time, even if there are a few of youse have them. Is it for the sea or lakes mainly? If lakes, get a speedboat and a set of skis/wakeboard, far better craic, and you can fill the boat too. Its a great way to spend the summer days...

J70

Quote from: Hardy on May 12, 2008, 05:54:52 PM
Jet skiing - the nautical version of joyriding, but without the excuse of social disadvantage.

Yep. I hate those bloody things!

isourboydownyet

Quote from: haranguerer on May 12, 2008, 06:23:31 PM
illdecide is right. You'll get bored in no time, even if there are a few of youse have them. Is it for the sea or lakes mainly? If lakes, get a speedboat and a set of skis/wakeboard, far better craic, and you can fill the boat too. Its a great way to spend the summer days...

live beside loughneagh,alot of my friends have jet ski's and i am never off them and think it's about time i got my own instead of hogin my mates and i am always worried about damaging them.i would only be going out twice a week at most so i wont get that bored.

girt_giggler

i think they are great.  nothing like going for a spin in the sea on a warm evening to cool off!

haranguerer

I just think youd be far better buying a speedboat. I used to think jetskis were great, but once you spend any time on them you realise theres not that much to do. You open them out, do a few donuts, soak your mates and thats it - all done in 15 min. You cant even race, cos its just about the fastest jetski - its like having a motorbike on a motorway. With a boat you'll be straight into waterskiing/wakeboarding, and then in no time at all you'll be like the rest of us and resent jetskiiers cos the only way they can get any thrills is to follow your boat and jump the wake it makes (thus nearly running over the person you are pulling).  :P

Drumanee 1

Quote from: isourboydownyet on May 13, 2008, 10:10:59 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 12, 2008, 06:23:31 PM

live beside loughneagh,alot of my friends have jet ski's and i am never off them and think it's about time i got my own instead of hogin my mates and i am always worried about damaging them.i would only be going out twice a week at most so i wont get that bored.

i here half of bellaghy have been down at the ferry with jet ski's, "the ferry angels" :D

Death Valley

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2008, 07:42:47 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 12, 2008, 05:54:52 PM

Yep. I hate those bloody things!

There is no adjectives in the English language (or Irish) strong enough to describe my hatred of peoples who use these big boys toys. No regard for swimmers or anybody, fit only for the useless fat rednecks that ride them, cause quite frankly its the only way these boys would get any sort of a ride :D ;D.