Antrim V Cavan,Ulster Senior Football Championship 2008 "Official Thread"

Started by BallyhaiseMan, May 12, 2008, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: cavanmaniac on May 13, 2008, 12:58:12 AM
I won't be travelling LaurelEye but it's not the cost that's keeping me away!

I won't be travelling either, the thought of spending 10 minutes or so stuck on that Westlink getting across Belfast is putting me right off.

Mickey Linden

Anyone see the betting for this match? i would fancy Cavan to win in a scrappy affair. I think Antrim + the handicap might be a good bet!

aontroim

Antrim Team Named:

S McGreevy, K O'Boyle, A McClean, J Loughrey, T Scullion, J Crozier, S Kelly, A Gallagher, M McCann, P Close, K Niblock, T McCann, P Cunningham, CJ McGourty, C Close.

3 left footers in the f-fwd line!

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

NAG

will be an interesting debate/ arguement as to who gets the free, both lefties mcgourty and cunningham and both mad for that mention in the irish news scoring charts regardless of outcome!

Minder

Quote from: NAG on May 14, 2008, 02:16:15 PM
will be an interesting debate/ arguement as to who gets the free, both lefties mcgourty and cunningham and both mad for that mention in the irish news scoring charts regardless of outcome!

It will go something like this NAG.....

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

How did you know thats what I was thinking about.

In all seriousness what is the plan 'b' if the quick ball isnt happening?
who is there on the panel to act as a target man if we have to resort to long and early?

Minder

I know there is a lot of talk about quick ball into the FF line but neither Mc Gourty or Cunningham have much pace by inter county standards.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rav67

Cunningham will hit the frees, he's deadly accurate from a dead ball.  You'r right neither of the 2 have great pace, but they're two of the best finishers about if they get given chances.  I'd be surprised by anything other than a Cavan win after the way Antrim collapsed towards the end of the league.

charlie stubbs

id agree with rav on that one paddy cunningham one of the best left footed free takers in ulster.  the winning in the game could be how many frees cavan limit antrim to and how antrim contain johnston.  could be an open enough game i feel as both full back lines suspect

cavan4ever

Not sure if this is 100%

1. J Reilly
2. M Hannon
3. R Dunne
4. M Brides
5. M Cahill
6. A Forde
7. D Sheridan
8. D McCabe
9 M McDonald
10 M Reilly
11 R Flanagan
12 B Watters
13 C Mackey
14 S Johnston
15 J O'Reilly

No podge is biggest shock of all .

North Longford

Thought I saw an article somewhere about Padraic Reilly being captain in McKeevers absence!??

cavan4ever

Quote from: North Longford on May 15, 2008, 08:57:36 AM
Thought I saw an article somewhere about Padraic Reilly being captain in McKeevers absence!??

That's was said.   One of the players told me that team so id expect it to be near enough but he was wrong before.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 15, 2008, 08:42:43 AM
Not sure if this is 100%

1. J Reilly
2. M Hannon
3. R Dunne
4. M Brides
5. M Cahill
6. A Forde
7. D Sheridan
8. D McCabe
9 M McDonald
10 M Reilly
11 R Flanagan
12 B Watters
13 C Mackey
14 S Johnston
15 J O'Reilly

Where did you get that from? If it is right then I am very suprised to see no Podge, no Gunner Brady. Half forward line is tiny. Cian Mackey?? Dunne at FB - is he ready for that?

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 15, 2008, 09:17:10 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on May 15, 2008, 08:42:43 AM
Not sure if this is 100%

1. J Reilly
2. M Hannon
3. R Dunne
4. M Brides
5. M Cahill
6. A Forde
7. D Sheridan
8. D McCabe
9 M McDonald
10 M Reilly
11 R Flanagan
12 B Watters
13 C Mackey
14 S Johnston
15 J O'Reilly

Where did you get that from? If it is right then I am very suprised to see no Podge, no Gunner Brady. Half forward line is tiny. Cian Mackey?? Dunne at FB - is he ready for that?

Are u suprised nothing would suprise me with Cavan anymore.  It may not be right but Team was named last night and thats what i was told by a player.