An Mhi Vs Ceatharlach

Started by thejuice, May 12, 2008, 09:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecw

Quote from: hardstation on May 13, 2008, 08:44:16 PM
Any team with a player called St.Ledger deserves to win at least one match.

haha true, its a quality name! Looks like young Daniel St Ledger will be starting full forward on Sunday. Hes a decent prospect as a centre half back where he played for the 21s this year & minors last year. Hard to see him getting better of Darren Fay! Bealin seems to like him there tho and against Cavan last week he did cause serious problems to their full back, but honestly i wouldn't start him...despite the great name!! He's actually a relation to yer man Sean St Ledger who made a couple of Ireland squads & plays for Preston.

Jinxy

Fayser is suspended Steve.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

agorm

Quote from: Jinxy on May 13, 2008, 10:40:18 PM

Jinxy,
Is Darren suspended? I thought that the guys on 4 weeks have their suspensions up on Saturday next. However, I know that there is a rule about still missing a game even if a suspension is up. I reckon that I read somewhere today that they were playing this weekend.

I have to say that the Mayo game at the weekend left me a little more confident about the upcoming championship. I know that it was a friendlt but the guys aquitted themselves quite well.

stevecw

Quote from: Jinxy on May 13, 2008, 10:40:18 PM

No he's not..he was one of the 4 week crew, who are available for Sunday.
I wish he was missing, but sadly he'll be there to teach our young full forward what Championship football is all about.

Jinxy

I was full sure it was said at the time of the suspensions that the 4 week lads would miss this game? ???

stevecw

No sadly the 4 weeks guys are grand for this game. It only rules out the 8 week guys. Any word on how their appeal went tonight? Last thing we want is them also being free to play Sunday!

thejuice

Well the suspensions were upheld, not that surprised really.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

QuoteBealin brands Meath as "dangerous opponents" 14 May 2008

Carlow football manager Paul Bealin has branded Meath as "very, very dangerous opponents" ahead of his side's Leinster SFC preliminary round encounter with the Royals this Sunday in Croke Park.

The Barrowsiders boss regards All Star Stephen Bray as an "awesome" player and believes that defender Darren Fay can be often be the difference at the back for their Leinster opponents.

"Even when I was involved with Wexford, I remember that Bray was awesome and we struggled to hold him," said Bealin.

"Meath have a very good full-forward line, they're strong around the middle and possess a good, attacking half-back line.

"And Darren Fay is a man that can lift Meath over the line all by himself when he puts in a performance."

Adding on the subject, Bealin pointed out that Meath can be dangerous opponents to come up against when they're out to prove themselves.

"Meath are very, very dangerous opponents when they have to prove themselves, they can bring players in from anywhere in the county and once they put on that jersey, they become different animals entirely."

Bealin doing his best to talk Meath up!?!   ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

So anyone here going to the game? Ill be there alright.

Jinxy

I should hope if its a day like this there will be a good crowd.

Louth Exile

For those of you who don't go up on Sunday, it is Live on the Web
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/mediaplayer.html
Good to see this latest development with the broadcasters, it is the only one of the four games on Sunday that is not live on the box, but at least if you are on the island of Ireland you can watch it on the net! Mind you Jim Carney is doing the comentary!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

agorm

I'm going.
I hear Ahern, McGill, Meade and Nestor are making their debuts. Best of luck to them.

Hopefully we will get the wiin. The suspended payers will probably take their cases to the DRA after the weekend if we win.

The Claw

Aherne
O Connor, Fay, McGill
Harrington, Reilly, King
Ward, Meade
Byrne, Ward, Nestor
Bray, Big Joe, Geraghty

Delighted Cian Ward is on the 40, what i've been hoping for a while.

Jinxy

Well, I remember a few lads were thrown into the mix in '96 and went on to make a name for themselves. I'm delighted that Coyle has the chance to try someone new at centrefield. I really feel if we can sort out an effective pairing we have a great shot at winning Leinster at the very least and after that sure who knows.

AZOffaly

Cian Ward looked a little, erm, 'well fed' last year. Has he slimmed down? If not, will be be mobile enough at centre forward?