Author Topic: The Sunday Game  (Read 599235 times)

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
Re: The Sunday Game
« Reply #6120 on: July 21, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »
Losing faith with RTE myself, Brolly becoming very hard to listen to. Dick Clerkin is awful on Sky and the Senan Connell role always seems a bit superfluous to me, he must be there for eye candy for the ladies or something.

Brolly is impossible to listen to. RTE need a big clearout.

Yeah, Senan Connell, could never figure that one out myself.

Senan Connell spent much of the pre-match from Hyde park last week telling us that the 45metre line in the hyde was nearer the goal than  the 45 in croke park! ::)

Maybe the groundman in croke park has bigger steps!  :P
You may think that about Senan, but that’s actually one of his smarter comments, that’s why he kept repeating it. Senan acts out the stage Dub role with an insane joviality. 
Someone in Sky loves him.
Think I recall that the guy who became producer of Sky's GAA coverage was the same guy who did it for TV3, and Connell was on that too. That may be something to do with it.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: July 21, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
I don’t know if it’s psychological or not but i genuinely feel like I get more stupid the longer I listen to Dessie Dolan.
You have been listening to Dessie way too long.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: July 21, 2019, 06:04:01 PM »
Difference between McConville and Dolan on co-commentary is night and day.

Yes, pity he has Marty beside him!

We can’t have it all unfortunately. Marty just talks too much.

They all talk too much. Even the good ones. There should be an option for no commentary.

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: July 21, 2019, 06:04:41 PM »
I don’t get the hate for dolan, I hate canning more. Donegal won a free on the wide right and he says “Murphy will have a chance to add to his score”. Then he said it’s “smart play” allowing McBearty to hit it. Aye f**king genius letting your left footed free taker hit a left footed free.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: July 21, 2019, 06:06:09 PM »
I don’t know if it’s psychological or not but i genuinely feel like I get more stupid the longer I listen to Dessie Dolan.
You have been listening to Dessie way too long.

Touché 😂
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: July 21, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »
I don’t get the hate for dolan, I hate canning more. Donegal won a free on the wide right and he says “Murphy will have a chance to add to his score”. Then he said it’s “smart play” allowing McBearty to hit it. Aye f**king genius letting your left footed free taker hit a left footed free.

I had Radio 6 counties on instead while watching the TV, even though the radio was about 5 seconds ahead.

Later, I switched to RTE News Now and watched on SD and the Irish language commentary. Hadn’t a baldy of most that was being said, and poorer quality, but it’s better than listening to Ger Canning!

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #6126 on: July 21, 2019, 06:20:06 PM »
For someone who was among the best footballers in Ireland in his day, Dolan appears not to have the first clue about what is going on in any game of football. It’s not just that his analysis is mundane or predictable (it mostly is) but he is so often completely inaccurate. I find it very odd.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: July 21, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »

Nobody hates Dolan. Just his co-commentary is terrible.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: July 21, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
Canning and Dolan is a woeful combination. You wonder if those RTÉ producers can’t hear what we hear or why they continue to get gigs, Dessie seems like a decent skin but he is not a very good co commentator. Oisin is excellent if it wasn’t for his monotone voice he would probably be considered the best there is.

twohands!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: July 21, 2019, 09:05:16 PM »
For someone who was among the best footballers in Ireland in his day, Dolan appears not to have the first clue about what is going on in any game of football. It’s not just that his analysis is mundane or predictable (it mostly is) but he is so often completely inaccurate. I find it very odd.

Yup - his understanding of the game is woeful - going by what he says as co-commentator you'd swear blind he never kicked a ball. Odd is the exact word for it.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:08 PM »

Yup - his understanding of the game is woeful - going by what he says as co-commentator you'd swear blind he never kicked a ball. Odd is the exact word for it.

He’ll be disappointed with that one Ger.

Also loves the experience line. A young player misses and he says he shows his inexperience. An older player misses and he says he should have used his experience whatever the hell that means.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: July 21, 2019, 10:48:51 PM »
Plámás O'Se does his item on players taking too many steps with the ball. He proceeds to single out Mayo and Donegal players. No Kerry players are singled out! He proceeds to say he is not picking on individual teams.....Right! He could have waited for the Dublin game. Con O'Callaghan and Kilkenny are masters of taking steps!

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: July 21, 2019, 10:55:07 PM »
Hmmm, two Kerry men analysing the Kerry Donegal game, and no Donegal men there.

Reminded me of the time when there was a studio full of unionists on Nolan while debating the fleg protests.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: July 21, 2019, 11:13:58 PM »
Hmmm, two Kerry men analysing the Kerry Donegal game, and no Donegal men there.

Reminded me of the time when there was a studio full of unionists on Nolan while debating the fleg protests.

And the other two are Dubs!

Classic stuff!

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: July 21, 2019, 11:22:01 PM »
Camogie highlights in the middle of the show as well! WTF