Author Topic: The Sunday Game  (Read 530969 times)

BennyHarp

• View Profile
Re: The Sunday Game
« Reply #5430 on: May 14, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »
Just watched the live coverage Galway v Mayo game there. I know it was not a great game but ffs those fellas analysing would depress the life out of you. New season, same oul dreary analysis. I barely want to watch another match this season after listening to them.
That was never a square ball!!

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: May 14, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
Just watched the live coverage Galway v Mayo game there. I know it was not a great game but ffs those fellas analysing would depress the life out of you. New season, same oul dreary analysis. I barely want to watch another match this season after listening to them.
The analysts are pretty terrible for sure.
Was watching it and noticed they said Ciaran Duggan was 23 - saw this written in a piece in the paper today as well.
Well I played against him in an adult club semi final in 2009 and he most certainly was not 14 years old at the time :-)
More like 27 I would say.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: May 14, 2018, 11:29:12 PM »
TG4's coverage on Monday nights is such a breath of fresh air compared to the shite TSG churn out.

An Fhairche Abu

• View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »

Tired format, same old story every year, appalling highlights of the games that aren't carried live on the evening show as well. Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke really need to be out out to pasture at this point.
I watched the match back last night and the "expert analysis" is nearly beyond parody at this stage it is so bad, just absolutely useless, what value do RTE add to their GAA coverage besides just carrying the live matches? Nothing. RTE and the GAA will point to viewer figures but the reality is that it would be watched by exact the same people regardless of what channel it's on.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #5434 on: May 15, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »
TG4's coverage on Monday nights is such a breath of fresh air compared to the shite TSG churn out.

+1,000 !!!!
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: May 15, 2018, 03:12:02 PM »

Tired format, same old story every year, appalling highlights of the games that aren't carried live on the evening show as well. Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke really need to be out out to pasture at this point.
I watched the match back last night and the "expert analysis" is nearly beyond parody at this stage it is so bad, just absolutely useless, what value do RTE add to their GAA coverage besides just carrying the live matches? Nothing. RTE and the GAA will point to viewer figures but the reality is that it would be watched by exact the same people regardless of what channel it's on.
Have stopped watching the RTE analysis long ago and i hear its still the same worn out gimmicks desperately seeking attention. The commentary of Ger Canning and Dessie Dolan was awful last Sunday and its not going to get better as Martin Carney,Tommy Carr are even worse.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: May 15, 2018, 03:58:32 PM »

Have stopped watching the RTE analysis long ago and i hear its still the same worn out gimmicks desperately seeking attention. The commentary of Ger Canning and Dessie Dolan was awful last Sunday and its not going to get better as Martin Carney,Tommy Carr are even worse.

When Brannigan came on for Kyne, Heaney went as the free man. Turned out to be a great switch by Walsh. I only know that because Parkinson said it on his podcast. Couldnít tell from tv. Thats the kind of thing the guys on RTE, who are at the game, should be telling us.

An Fhairche Abu

• View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: May 15, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »
That is a classic example of the added value that good analysis would bring to the RTE coverage for people not at the match who won't see that easily themselves.
Instead we are "treated" to I didn't enjoy that, the game is dying before our eyes etc.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: May 15, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »
Also TSG from Sunday : Conor Moore

https://youtu.be/mCuMgb2ibwY
Those biscuits are for the visitors

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: May 15, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
That is a classic example of the added value that good analysis would bring to the RTE coverage for people not at the match who won't see that easily themselves.
Instead we are "treated" to I didn't enjoy that, the game is dying before our eyes etc.

Did you watch the Mayo game?

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: May 15, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: May 15, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »

When is Ger Canning going to retire? He is brutal. When giving the option, I select the Irish language commentary rather than listen to him. Only understand some of it, but it's better than listening to Canning.

I wish they'd give us the option of no commentary. I like just watching a match without some bollix shouting in my ear.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: May 15, 2018, 06:23:07 PM »

When is Ger Canning going to retire? He is brutal. When giving the option, I select the Irish language commentary rather than listen to him. Only understand some of it, but it's better than listening to Canning.

I wish they'd give us the option of no commentary. I like just watching a match without some bollix shouting in my ear.

Turn down the volume.

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: May 15, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
Tomas O Shea is a complete bluffer, he hadnít a clue what he was waffling about at half time, was a great player but talks pure shite!!

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: May 15, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
Don't know why a lot of people listen to the pundits as they do nothing but moan about them