The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on August 25, 2016, 01:58:47 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 24, 2016, 03:51:12 PM
Which event was Pat Hickey competing in?

Lining the pockets.

Sad that somebody like that could bully everybody for so many years and get away with it.  The Olympic Council of Ireland has to go. Replace it with another body.
Sad also that it took Brazilian authorities to take a corrupt Irish cartel down and shave their heads, while at home  they were beyond reproach.
Sad also that likes of David Walsh goes after likes of Lance Armstrong but might have been put off by lawyers letters from a gangster in his own country.
Sad also that Sonia allowed herself to be part of that board. She will have little credibility going forward now as an official, although I believe she is 100% genuine and is unfortunate to be caught up in that mess.
Respect for Eamon Coughlan for seeing it for what it was.
If the FAI has to have any credibility going forward John Delaney needs to get a hobby to pass his time. He needs to be got rid of asap. Anybody within a square mile of Hickey stinks the place out.

What crimes are/were they accused of in this country though?
I've little or no interest in the Olympics so I may have missed something.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

I am wondering if the Brazilians think Hickey is not their top target. Their mentioning of Delaney makes me think they want to dig into FIFA as well as the very top of the IOC. This could be the start of something very interesting regarding world sport, but the silence from other countries, including our own, is deafening. Official Ireland will want it to just fizzle out, but we should be demanding more.

Would it be too much to ask a few good journalists to survey their nation's Olympic Athletes to see a) how many tickets their families got and b) how many the Rio Organisers allocated for their families? I am thinking UK and a few others. The results might be interesting.
MWWSI 2017

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 25, 2016, 08:46:59 AM
Olive loughnane was interviewed in the Irish independent yesterday and said across 3 olympics her family got 1 ticket. 1.

If it is that blatant why have people not spoke up before about this??
Maybe the athletes were told that the OCI only got a handful of tickets for events and took it at face value.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 25, 2016, 12:51:10 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 25, 2016, 08:46:59 AM
Olive loughnane was interviewed in the Irish independent yesterday and said across 3 olympics her family got 1 ticket. 1.

If it is that blatant why have people not spoke up before about this??
Maybe the athletes were told that the OCI only got a handful of tickets for events and took it at face value.

Boom boom!

vallankumous

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2016, 12:33:26 PM
I am wondering if the Brazilians think Hickey is not their top target. Their mentioning of Delaney makes me think they want to dig into FIFA as well as the very top of the IOC. This could be the start of something very interesting regarding world sport, but the silence from other countries, including our own, is deafening. Official Ireland will want it to just fizzle out, but we should be demanding more.

Would it be too much to ask a few good journalists to survey their nation's Olympic Athletes to see a) how many tickets their families got and b) how many the Rio Organisers allocated for their families? I am thinking UK and a few others. The results might be interesting.

IF blatant corruption around awarding to host cities, state sponsored drugging and match fixing doesn't do it then a few dodgy ticket sales won't either.

Tickets will get onto the black market regardless. If I was a ticket provider I'd be supplying the black market too.

macdanger2

I think he was fencing

vallankumous

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 25, 2016, 10:01:42 PM

I think he was fencing

Thought it was the vertical parallel bars

moysider

Had to be one of the racket sports.

Applesisapples

Morgan Freeman on Gift Grub this morning...priceless.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on August 25, 2016, 10:12:03 PM

Had to be one of the racket sports.

:D

Or the vault.

Maybe the High Jump?
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Darragh and Martin on duty.
I can live with that.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2016, 03:08:15 PM
I can live with that.

I can live with the first half of that!

From the Bunker

Spillane talks of the health of Kerry football. He mentions the Intermediate and Junior Club All Irelands as well as the Junior AI Kerry have won this year. What he fails to mention is that coincidentally all these only show us is that Kerry having only 8 senior Club teams give them a huge advantage at these grades!

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
I can live with that.

Lookit, just be glad they gave Tom the day off.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2016, 03:17:14 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2016, 03:09:26 PM
I can live with that.

Lookit, just be glad they gave Tom the day off.

Very much so.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B