The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2016, 08:36:55 AM
From a westmeath perspective what Hound said is true. Even when Westmeath should have beaten Meath in the past they couldn't get over the line. That All Ireland QF back in 2002 or 2003 was brutal.

2001?

AZOffaly

Maybe. I thought it was later.

BennyCake

RTE HD but with Ger Canning, so non-HD on BBC it is. That's how annoying Canning is.

trentoneill15

Those BBC GAA commentators are the worst in the english speaking sporting commentary world

BennyCake

Quote from: trentoneill15 on May 29, 2016, 03:57:20 PM
Those BBC GAA commentators are the worst in the english speaking sporting commentary world

Canning is worse.

From the Bunker

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 28, 2016, 06:05:21 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/toms-s-nobody-goes-on-to-the-sunday-game-with-an-agenda-34753474.html

You have to have huge sympathy for Plámás, having to work so hard! :)

I might arrive in Donnybrook at 11am, but I'll still be there 12 hours later. And, if I have two main gripes, they'd have to be the food and the travel. The RTE canteen is a holocaust on good dietary habits, so I tend to bring my own lunch. But that's never enough and, at some point, I'll end up horsing into a plate of stuff I shouldn't.

And the late night drive back down south isn't a ball of laughs either, knowing I'm due in class first thing the following morning.

Syferus

In fairness he's a better writer than almost all of the trained ones.

AQMP

Brolly spot on for once.

Zulu

Is what he is saying true? It sounds unlikely to me that all of it is true.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on May 29, 2016, 05:14:37 PM
Brolly spot on for once.

Lot of great stuff by Joe, club v county....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

Which bit, that Colm's Meath team were ugly?
That's a downright lie.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jinxy on May 29, 2016, 05:18:29 PM
Which bit, that Colm's Meath team were ugly?
That's a downright lie.

Club v country but that meath team was ugly

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

joemamas

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2016, 05:18:12 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 29, 2016, 05:14:37 PM
Brolly spot on for once.

Lot of great stuff by Joe, club v county....
Totally agree wish they had continued discussion for an hour. It made have ultimately showed up county boards and provincials councils and the GPA for what they all are, self serving.
Reduce season by a month to six weeks would be a simple solution, yet two of counties that voted against reducing it by two weeks were Galway (who never can finish their club championships )and Cork who have shit county teams and f all supporters at football level.
I hope they return to this discussion again in the near future

Minder

What did Brolly say?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"