The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: yellowcard on June 28, 2015, 11:04:57 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 28, 2015, 11:00:57 PM
Just watched Down getting their arses handed to them by a hurling county.  Jaysus, Down are drivel at the minute.

McCorry talking about getting ready for next years league straight after a championship defeat to a division 4 team was bizarre.

We are a complete mess :(
The Aristocrat Years

BennyCake

Quote from: Schkite on June 28, 2015, 11:40:44 PM
And apparently the 6 Northern counties need the troubles back to be successful again!

I thought that's what he said!

McHug's drink must've been spiked tonight. He's not usually this mad.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on June 28, 2015, 11:54:17 PM
And apparently the 6 Northern counties need the troubles back to be successful again!

He's cute as a fox. He has seen how being a bit off the wall has heightened Brollys profile and he wants a bit of that Cake.

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2015, 12:05:55 AM

He's cute as a fox. He has seen how being a bit off the wall has heightened Brollys profile and he wants a bit of that Cake.

Brolly is a bit off the wall but when he wants to he does actually talk a lot of sense. McHugh on the other hand talks so fast and goes off on tangents. Likes to show off his knowledge and is top of the pundits when it comes to shite talking.

ONeill

Mad enough stuff alright.

To be fair, Tyrone's successes were off the back of the dissidents.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Speaking of Brolly, did you see him pat Pat and tell him to houl on during the live coverage? Them boys with the flag in clones were right.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on June 29, 2015, 12:41:27 AM

Mad enough stuff alright.

To be fair, Tyrone's successes were off the back of the dissidents.

It would take a nuclear war to see Fermanagh and Antrim at the top.............

thejuice

The live coverage with Brolly and Spillane before the Meath game started like the announcement of a death in your family. So downbeat and depressing the first ten minutes without talking about the games themselves.

Spillane has gone so far beyond contributing anything worthwhile to the show. I honestly don't know how he or half of those pundits are still receiving a salary from RTE. Pat has amazingly somehow combined the talents of a broken record and an empty vessel to create his own unique blend of shite talking.

Brolly at least gets around to analysing the game while making some good points occasionally.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

StephenC

I beg to differ. He's a poor pundit IMO and while I didn't see the SG, it sounds like he's put his foot in his mouth again. He's rightly a legend in Donegal but punditry isn't his thing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: StephenC on June 29, 2015, 11:57:26 AM

I beg to differ. He's a poor pundit IMO and while I didn't see the SG, it sounds like he's put his foot in his mouth again. He's rightly a legend in Donegal but punditry isn't his thing.
His writing in the papers is complete rubbish as well
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

maigheo

Watching the sky aalysis of how important a  manager is to a team is  light years ahead of what Spillane and Brolly  bring to the RTE coverage.I know I will not be making the mistake of watching them two fools again

AZOffaly

Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2015, 12:33:51 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/michael-lyster-i-was-lucky-i-wasnt-found-dead-in-my-hallway-the-next-day-31337658.html
Good to hear Michael Lyster on the radio this morning, he expects to be back within the month of July.

He's a lucky man, fair play to his wife.

Rossfan

Quote from: maigheo on June 30, 2015, 01:51:14 AM
Watching the sky aalysis of how important a  manager is to a team is  light years ahead of what Spillane and Brolly  bring to the RTE coverage.I know I will not be making the mistake of watching them two fools again
I never listen when those 2 are on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

squire_in_navy_slacks

Whelan anyone, hes not bad but hes not going to get a fair crack of the whip with the country brethren...................I like Tomas OSe but the smugness is creeping in very steadily