Fire Charges

Started by Mickey Linden, May 08, 2008, 08:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

The turbo went in my car at the M1 toll bridge at Christmas time. This caused a load of smoke which in turn caused the fire alarms to go off. The fire birgade than appeared.

Last night I received a letter from Meath county council stating that I owed 360 euro for fire charges. Will I have to pay this? I live in the north!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 08, 2008, 08:57:18 AM
The turbo went in my car at the M1 toll bridge at Christmas time. This caused a load of smoke which in turn caused the fire alarms to go off. The fire birgade than appeared.

Last night I received a letter from Meath county council stating that I owed 360 euro for fire charges. Will I have to pay this? I live in the north!
The fire alarms to go off where?  Hardly your fault that they mistakenly came out, I'd write back and explain this to them in order to get them to drop the charge, but regardless I wouldn't pay that.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 08, 2008, 10:08:27 AM

The fire alarms to go off where?  Hardly your fault that they mistakenly came out, I'd write back and explain this to them in order to get them to drop the charge, but regardless I wouldn't pay that.

Sorry the fire alarms went off in the actual toll bridge. It happened right at the toll booth! I sent them a letter there explaining the situation

Gnevin

Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 08, 2008, 10:56:51 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on May 08, 2008, 10:08:27 AM

Sorry the fire alarms went off in the actual toll bridge. It happened right at the toll booth! I sent them a letter there explaining the situation
I don't think individuals are charged for the fire service , correct if i'm wrong what it appears to me is that the toll bridge who are a commercial company and thus have to pay  for the fire brigade  where charged and said to the fire brigade they should forward the cost too you ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.