Sepp to end PL Dominance..

Started by full back, May 07, 2008, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

AZOffaly

If he does implement this Liverpool would be well advised to buy Bentley and Barry. I doubt if he'll get away with it. It would be disastrous for Irish players for a start.

Liverpool - Champions League Final 2009

Reina

Carragher
Agger
Skrtel
Insua

Bentley
Mascherano
Gerrard
Barry

Crouch
Torres

:D

Square Ball

No way, far too many laws in Euroland that he would breach, freedom of movement and employment.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

nrico2006

The Italian and Spanish leagues are no different than the Premier Leagues when it comes to foreigners playing in their sides so why is the old fat hoore always crying about the Premier League.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thejuice

If anything like that is to be implimented it has to be enforced on all across Europe and not just England or it will just shift the same dominance else where
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: AFS on May 07, 2008, 01:02:14 PM
Surely this would just compound the problem by restricting clubs in smaller leagues further. Top clubs in countries with large player bases (like England, Spain, Italy and Germany) would have no problem finding 5 or 6 decent homegrown players. It would hit ambitious clubs in smaller countries more. Clubs like Porto, Ajax and Celtic would be the ones that would actually feel the force of these ridiculous plans.

100% correct AFS,
Tbc....

thewobbler

Of course they can implement it. Making club teams field X number of English born (or qualified) is no different to making the English national team field 11 English born (or qualified) players. It's a competition rule rather than an employment law.

No employment law is being broken as it in no way restricts the movement of employment. I doubt even the best employee lawyer in the world could argue against that.

full back

Quote from: thewobbler on May 07, 2008, 01:20:31 PM
Of course they can implement it. Making club teams field X number of English born (or qualified) is no different to making the English national team field 11 English born (or qualified) players. It's a competition rule rather than an employment law.

No employment law is being broken as it in no way restricts the movement of employment. I doubt even the best employee lawyer in the world could argue against that.

The law has to be changed for it to work wobbler:

"In order for a cap to be legal, Fifa will need the European Union to agree to make sport an exception to its employment laws, which guarantee freedom of movement for its citizens."

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

his holiness nb

Surely premier league clubs would arrange tuition for newcomers without the language?

I'd have thought this was very important with regards to team talks, training instructions etc.
Ask me holy bollix

saffron sam2

He could easily limit PL dominance by cunningly amending the rules to ensure that only the champions of each territory are permitted to play in the Champions' League.

Couldn't he?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

AZOffaly

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 07, 2008, 02:09:15 PM
He could easily limit PL dominance by cunningly amending the rules to ensure that only the champions of each territory are permitted to play in the Champions' League.

Couldn't he?

What? And make a purely sporting event out of one of the greatest cash cows in history? Sure that's insane altogether ;D

Minus15

sepp blatter is at this kind of thing all the time lads. he comes up with all these ideas only to be greeted with widespread condemnation and reservations. The backlash from the clubs will not allow it. It will disappear like most of his yearnings

thebandit

Do youse remember the 'assimilated players'?

Minder

Did he not want ladies footballers to wear basically a bra and hotpants when playing matches? Im all for that......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"