Best things about the championship

Started by lfdown2, May 06, 2008, 02:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 06, 2008, 07:43:28 PM
Quote from: jodyb on May 06, 2008, 06:42:11 PM
Fcuk me 5Sams!! If you just came up with that, you have way too much time on your hands :D

That is an accumulation of years of wisdom on this board Jody...I just happened to save it...

Have to say I laughed out loud at some of them. Fair Play!!

corn02

- The car journey there talking about the match.

- The buzz during the warm-up.

- The Monday papers.

tyrone86

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 06, 2008, 07:43:28 PM

That is an accumulation of years of wisdom on this board Jody...I just happened to save it...

This was also the moment when we realised that we where not alone.......

Does anyone remember who it was that ripped that thread off with crediting the masses?

Rav67

ONeill

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone eating sandwiches out of their boot since the 90s.

And if I did, I'd feckin tell them to catch themselves on and live in the real world and stop taking up parking space ye cheapskates.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nobackdoor

Alas, the championship no longer fills me with excitement. Far too predictable. Okay, we have the local skirmishes between the nobodies, Longford v WMeath, a case in point. What chance do either of these teams have of winning an AI, feck all. Kerry r so far ahead of the rest of the posse, it's depressing. The Dubs'll beat the shite out of some team, Cork might beat Kerry in the Munster, but the kingdom will ease thru the qualifiers & beat the bejaysus out of the rebels in Croker. Mayo might even make Croke park in September only to throw a wobbler when they see the green & gold. There'll be loads of battles in Ulster, but unfortunately no team capable of wiining an AI. Yeah can't wait to c Kerry crowned champs again. Think I'll spend those Sunday evenings doing a bit of gardening  :'(
The backdoor has ruined it

never kickt a ball

Hats, scarves, flags and armbands!
No longer needing directions to croker  ;)
Getting ripped off in Clones
The stewards in Clones who are just there to see the match
The cheapskates standing in the fields around Clones
Derry negotiating the qualifiers every year  :-*

nobackdoor

I hope ur optimism is justified.

Contenders ( but not really )

Mayo - Young team, will they ever truly believe in themselves? Might win Connaught this year, that's not saying a whole lot given the fare served up last year, guised as football.

Galway appear to have lost their way since 2001, no change in the weather here I'm afraid

Dubs, no chance. Might win a soft Leinster, hopeless province at the moment, c Meath's capitulation to Cork in the semis.

Rest of Leinster ( should all be in the Tommy Murphy cup)

Monaghan - The only team that put it up to Kerry last year, don't think they'll progress, will b a bit like Femanagh of 2004

Armagh - Has beens, might take a few lumps off their cousins in Ulster

Tyrone - A spent force, since Peter the great retired

Rebels  - Might play well against Kerry down south, when they meet again, they'll wish that they stayed in the dressing rooms.

The Rest ( More Tommy Murp contenders)

So, there u have it, an all together predictable champ again. Might as well give it to Kerry now & let the rest of them play off for the shield competition.
The backdoor has ruined it

RedandGreenSniper

For me there is nothing that heightens the anticipation ahead of a big game like turning off the Clonliffe Road onto Jones Road with the colassal structure of the Hogan Stand there in front of you. It makes me proud to be a Gael.

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ONeill on May 07, 2008, 12:03:27 AM
To be honest, I haven't seen anyone eating sandwiches out of their boot since the 90s.

And if I did, I'd feckin tell them to catch themselves on and live in the real world and stop taking up parking space ye cheapskates.

It is 30 minutes from my house to Clones. Not too long ago I seen a neighbour of mine eating sandwiches and drinking tea from the back of his car before a match in Clones, it must have took him 30 mins to make the bloody picnic!

AZOffaly

Another thing about the summer, and championship that I like

- Wearing the jersey to games in the hot sunny days and then
- Having the county polo shirt for 'good wear'.

brokencrossbar1

Go on the Biffs,which jersey do you wear though?

From Offaly, living in Tipperary, working in Limerick, married to a Kerry woman with a future kerry CF as a son :P

AZOffaly

What a question to ask. How about yourself? Living in Cork, training a Cork team, with a couple of future langers in the stable?

I wear the Offaly jersey of course, and the reason this popped into my head is I'm wearing the polo shirt (one of them) at work today :D

feetofflames

Buying a whole chicken at the filling station in Clones and eating her with a pint bottle of magners just before going up the town to beat Derry...Pure class..  By the way - the Ulster championship this year needs Tyrone V armagh in Clones and I need a chicken.  
Chief Wiggum

Gnevin

Head band on my wrist .
Pint bottle of cider before the match
Town after it
Chips around 6 and then again at 11  ;D
Matches never being fixed at the right time ,no matter what time they throw in at
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.