Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossdoesitbest

Good to hear he's back! We'll need his workrate round the middle!

Throw ball

Quote from: throw_ball on November 13, 2010, 12:51:41 AM
i heard that his red card was appealed from the st. galls game, that maybe it should have been a second yellow instead of a red. yeas few years ago he was arrested for hitting a cop, not outside his family home but inside it, while his family was being harrassed

Your user name is very similar to mine. Surprised it is allowed. Hope we do not get confused!

mountainboii

Quote from: crossdoesitbest on November 13, 2010, 02:18:19 PM
Good to hear he's back! We'll need his workrate round the middle!

I'd say he'll be giving a few Burren boys a bit of 'workrate' alright.

IVEDECIDED

crossfire

JUst retired

Opening on Sat. 5th Feb. National league game V Dublin. :)

get up there

was down in casement today, cross destroyed burren in the first half, but it was a game of 2 halfs, burren took complete control 2 half, if u are looking for a player that played well for cross, u need to look at the first half, because all of cross 15, were very very poor second half, i think when kyle caragher came of they lacked a ball winner up front,

Applesisapples

Quote from: get up there on November 14, 2010, 09:23:47 PM
was down in casement today, cross destroyed burren in the first half, but it was a game of 2 halfs, burren took complete control 2 half, if u are looking for a player that played well for cross, u need to look at the first half, because all of cross 15, were very very poor second half, i think when kyle caragher came of they lacked a ball winner up front,
Not so TK and AK were superb throughout.

hound of ulster

have people in armagh underestimated this cross team? I didn,t think they were strong enough to win armagh championship now here they are in ulster final,is there to be another period of dominance in armagh by cross?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: hound of ulster on November 15, 2010, 03:07:57 PM
have people in armagh underestimated this cross team? I didn,t think they were strong enough to win armagh championship now here they are in ulster final,is there to be another period of dominance in armagh by cross?

That's no more inevitable than Naomh Conaill enjoying a period of dominance in Donegal.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mackers

I reckon that both Cullyhanna and a full strength Pearse Og team will have a realistic chance of beating Cross next year.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

torres

Quote from: mackers on November 15, 2010, 04:27:28 PM
I reckon that both Cullyhanna and a full strength Pearse Og team will have a realistic chance of beating Cross next year.
i hope your right as i would hate to see them continue to dominate in armagh

winsamsoon

Cross are by no means unbeatable in the last two games in the Ulster they have came out and blitzed the teams in the first half but sort of took the foot of the pedal or ran out of steam (whichever way you look at it in the second half) I think if a team is to beat they have to be all over the game for at least 50 of the 60 minutes aka like the Og's in last years Armagh championship. St Gall's came out in the second half and put it up to cross as did Burren but you always felt in both games Cross had the game won. Mc Entee said in his post match interview after the St Gall's game that they hadn't planned as drab as second half performance. I never heard any interviews after yesterdays game but i would say he would be saying something similar. It will take a hell of a good team to beat cross because they are so well drilled. In any game they have the  psychological high ground over their opponents before all games. But these factors can all be overcome. There are teams in the Armagh championship with the potential to do this but as we have seen over the years potential means nothing if you don't delivery. Cross consistently deliver and seem to go unpunished on days when they underperform, a sign of a great team some might say.

IMO they are no longer as strong a team as they were, they are heavily reliant on Mc Conville for scores but Clarke's seems to be immense and a great future prospect but they need more of an attacking threat. As usual they are solid enough at the back in terms of marking and they always seem to have  an option particularly the switching of the ball to a man in acres of space on the far wing. I think the time has come for |MC Entee and Bellew to hang up the boots, not an easy thing to do but it needs to happen as both men particularly Bellew is clearly unfit. (a great servant none the less) whoever beats the cross will have to be on top of their game. But i don't see another period of dominance like the one we have witnessed this past 15 years.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

IVEDECIDED

They will win 3/4 out of the next 10 championships. And they are in an Ulster final for one reason - the standard in Ulster this year has been very poor with many teams having enjoyed their first county title for many years or ever!

This means two things - First they are staisfied with their year and two they dont have any experience in Ulster which Cross have in abundance. St. Galls were the only realistic contenders (although Burren made a vliant effort) and they left their balls in Milltown before they boarded the bus to Cross.

Cross prob cant believe their luck in Ulster this year, I feel any of the 3/4 Armagh teams that could have won the championship would have challenged in Ulster.