Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Like others, I'd be amazed if Nab overturn Cross in the final. Maghery were without their 2 best midfielders yet Nab just about did enough in the semi final. Cross have stepped up a gear from the League campaign after the return of a few key players.

One month ago, I wouldn't have had Cross down as favourites to win the championship but they have been very impressive in their last 2 matches and can realistically have an outside chance of winning an Ulster championship given their pedigree. Particularly given the fact that there doesn't appear to be any one clear outstanding team in Ulster at the minute. I still think they have plenty of weaknesses in certain areas but they have a core group of about 5 or 6 players who are vital to their success.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: yellowcard on October 10, 2018, 07:52:20 AM
Like others, I'd be amazed if Nab overturn Cross in the final. Maghery were without their 2 best midfielders yet Nab just about did enough in the semi final. Cross have stepped up a gear from the League campaign after the return of a few key players.

One month ago, I wouldn't have had Cross down as favourites to win the championship but they have been very impressive in their last 2 matches and can realistically have an outside chance of winning an Ulster championship given their pedigree. Particularly given the fact that there doesn't appear to be any one clear outstanding team in Ulster at the minute. I still think they have plenty of weaknesses in certain areas but they have a core group of about 5 or 6 players who are vital to their success.

Jesus lads let us get over the Nab first before talking Ulster's 😂. A county championship would be a huge achievement this year and if we do that I reckon they might rest at that

yellowcard

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 10, 2018, 09:20:52 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 10, 2018, 07:52:20 AM

Jesus lads let us get over the Nab first before talking Ulster's 😂. A county championship would be a huge achievement this year and if we do that I reckon they might rest at that

I think you would have taken a county championship at the beginning of the year. However Cross have the pedigree in Ulster that other clubs simply do not and that counts for a lot. The performances of both Maghery and Harps in the last 2 years show how difficult it is for first time winners to compete successfully at provincial level. I don't think Cross will fall into that trap providing they get the job done against the Nab. Whether they are good enough to compete to win Ulster, I'm not too sure yet but it won't be for the want of resting on their laurels.

I just don't see a standout team in the province this year. Kilcoo, Scotstown would be the obvious choices but they will likely end up playing each other in the first game.

general_lee

Kilcoo a lot of injuries, only burren are scared of them and will inevitably dump their trunks they'd be doing well to get out of Down.

brokencrossbar1

With Ollie H as ref anything is possible in the final. I presume his sidekick McKinley with be a linesman or 4th official. Must get ready for the Mulkerns ambush😂

DuffleKing

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2018, 12:20:29 PM
With Ollie H as ref anything is possible in the final. I presume his sidekick McKinley with be a linesman or 4th official. Must get ready for the Mulkerns ambush😂

Surely neither of those boys would be allowed on the premises on county final day?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 12, 2018, 05:05:12 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2018, 12:20:29 PM

Surely neither of those boys would be allowed on the premises on county final day?

I was accosted by one of them one day in the off licence in Mulkerns and challenged over comments attributed to me on the Armagh forum. Not only did I not deny them but I repeated them to his face and added a few more 🤣

Insane Bolt

Is BCB about to get a prediction right? Nab leading by a goal

Insane Bolt

Insane Bolt

4 in it, Cross have gone from 2/1 to 1/80😳😳

Insane Bolt

5 in it, 8 points in a row for Cross