Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Six Inch Nail

True Blue, I heard that the game between yourselves and Curppen is going to be played tonight or tomorrow night in Ballymacnab.  Is this not the case?
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Uladh on December 04, 2006, 11:03:33 AM

Grading underage teams is a very difficult job. Smaller clubs can produce great teams every so often and they will then be denied the opportunity of competing at the highest level... perhaps with the best team in the competition?

Definately true,

who would have predicted - Pearse Ogs V St Johns to be a draw??

BenDover

I doubt the Ogs will be the favorites for the U21 competition this yr and if you have ever played against an amalgamated team then you will know that they are never easy opponents. I remember playing against Cill Chluana a few years back and the Ogs team that I played on just about beat them. As for drawing with St John's on Saturday I think the Ogs expected a tough encounter but I also believe that there were 6 scorable frees missed by the Ogs. Anyway the replay should be good this weekend if the conditions allow for it to take place.

Aghdavoyle

The u21 championship is very open given the state the harps appear to be in, otherwise it'd be theirs to lose. Dromintee are decent though missing three central men through injury and we're also are losing a few guys to australia at christmas so were hoping the county board would have the respect to play the competition in the correct calendar year. whoever comes through between cross and the bridge will be very strong and the ogs will be no pushover.

Grading underage team is impossible. i'd say by most criteria you'd use in terms of population or members, we'd be graded a junior club.

BenDover

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on December 04, 2006, 12:56:29 PM

The u21 championship is very open given the state the harps appear to be in,

Care to elaborate here Aghdavoyle? I went up to the Harps match yesterday (wished I never parked on the grass) and althought the conditions were abysmal the Harps looked like a strong outfit all over the field. I think they'd be my favourites for this competition

holylandsniper

Quotenew pitch such as kileavy
Trueblue that new pitch is now closed for some reason, its been like that a wee while now, should see their old pitch a joke, and they complained about ref moviing thier U21 game.

On a sort of a seperate issue, Dinner Dance held the other night, Clarke getting Player of the Year Marsden Club Player with Ballymacnab club of the year. Interesting to ehar one of the speakers while he was talking, wishing A Kernan speedy recovery from recent injury - yes he is injured and goodluck to him, but i seem to remember before that a more important figure in 2007 plans(In my opinion) recieving terrible injury and probaly little chance of playing in 2007 Brian Mallon, yet they failed to mention him, thats nice.. If they are going to name players like that why stop at just the 1, though when handing out squad places they do the same, stop at the kernans!

pintsofguinness

Quotethat culloville cruppen game has been put back until NEXT sunday.thats a f**king joke the pitches arent going to be any more playable next sunday. the game was fixed for dromintee,both teams went there only to be told it wasnt playable. both teams went to the bridge only to be told it was also unplayable. surely this game should have been fixed for somewher with a new pitch such as kileavy or newtown or somewher like that. i know clubs are closing their fields for work to be done but for f**k sake will somebody please sort this situation out because it is a f**king joke to still be playing playoffs in december wen the league started in april. a full 8 months to play a 24 game league
Would they just play the f**king game, what do they expect fields to be like this time of year? The state Killeavy was in 6 weeks ago though you're better not going near it yous would be drowning in it!

SixInchNail
True Blue, I heard that the game between yourselves and Curppen is going to be played tonight or tomorrow night in Ballymacnab.  Is this not the case?
Its down in the examiner for next sunday, 11.30, Dromintee.

I'll be severly pissed off if we have to play an u21 quater final and playoff final on the same weekend. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Should we have a separate county team thread?

Anyhow, the McKenna Cup team should be interesting with the students and dem XMG boys absent. Is everyone else back in training? Might North Armagh get a better representation?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Imposerous

Any word on the young lad from Clans who was called up to the Seniors last year only to suffer a bad fracture/break.  Sorry, his name escapes me at the moment, but he had been touted as a tenacious wing-back.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Imposerous on December 05, 2006, 07:27:25 PM
Any word on the young lad from Clans who was called up to the Seniors last year only to suffer a bad fracture/break.  Sorry, his name escapes me at the moment, but he had been touted as a tenacious wing-back.
That'll be Dwyer McAlinden

trueblue

Would they just play the f**king game, what do they expect fields to be like this time of year? The state Killeavy was in 6 weeks ago though you're better not going near it yous would be drowning in it!

the best field i played on all year was the new pearse ogs field surely it could be used to play these play offs as its bound 2 be in good condition still.i know the ogs are playing their u21 replay against st johns ther at tha weekend but one game could be played on saturday and one on sunday could it not?

also,ive heard that ther was a schools match played yday in dromintee field,just wondering how this field could be any more playable on tuesday than it was on sunday considering that it rained constantly from sunday until tuesday???

lurganblue

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 05, 2006, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: Imposerous on December 05, 2006, 07:27:25 PM
That'll be Dwyer McAlinden

thats him alright. he didnt break his leg, he done the ligaments in his knee. he's more of a corner back than wing back... but as for the question. i've heard no word of him getting a call up to the county team this year.

charlie stubbs

UD B SAFER PUTTING ME ON THE PANEL THAN MCALINDEN

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

illdecide

Charlie Stubbs you couldn't get on the panel for playschool you twat ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch