Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

holylandsniper

Hear it could be on early during the week though, Monday or Tuesday

pintsofguinness

Quote from: holylandsniper on December 03, 2006, 05:31:18 PM
Hear it could be on early during the week though, Monday or Tuesday
We'd need to play the winners next weekend or we'll either have a clash with our u21 quarter final or one of them will have to wait until the new year, or we could be sent to Ballymacnab some winters night  ::)

Uladh

These platyoffs are beyond a joke at this stage. i take it the u21 championship is suffering the usual hold ups and negligence?

It's a pity the Armagh county board continue to treat what should be one of the premier competitions with total distain.

Sandy Hill

Anyone know when the Ballymacnab Ulster Club issue will be resolved?
"Stercus accidit"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Uladh on December 03, 2006, 10:08:04 PM

These platyoffs are beyond a joke at this stage. i take it the u21 championship is suffering the usual hold ups and negligence?

It's a pity the Armagh county board continue to treat what should be one of the premier competitions with total distain.
With the senior championship so predictable the U21 championship should be the best in the county yet  it's rushed in November and December.  There is no way it'll be finished this year. 
If the playoffs weren't bad enough they won't f**king go ahead and play them! It takes them three weeks to throw Clann Eireann out, 3 weeks! What where they talking about!? (I won't even start about St. Pats  >:(  3 months now that's going on and no, I won't be happy until I see the book threw at them)  Cruppen's last game must have been  6 or 7 weeks ago? How can a team be expected to motivate themselves.

Uladh

The conty board don't give a shite about clubs or club fixtures. they think its their job "to get everything played off", whereas their job is actually to promote the games, invigorate the clubs and try to produce a product which will allow clubs a fair chance of attracting & keeping youngsters in the games. Armagh county board are a disgrace in terms of games promotion and scheduling.

Armagh Exile

A few contributors seem to be very annoyed with the County Board but I'm told that all have been returned unopposed with the exception of Kevin Brady replacing Joe Jordan who stepped down after five years in the chair and Ollie Hearty replaced Brady as vice-chairman.
If this is true then the clubs in the county must be satisfied.

Goats Do Shave

Reliably informed over the week end, that Ballyhegan will NOT be dropping down to the Junior C'ship!

It was brought up at the AGM & quickly shot down. Considering the Davitts contested the final 2 years ago...it would have been a joke dropping a level IMO!

bennydorano

Having been at our AGM last week, I can safely say the County Board dont give a flying one about Club football, it's the BIg Joe show and it will be the ruination of the club game in armagh, some might think it's worth it for county success, I don't.

Whacker

Quote from: Armagh Exile on December 04, 2006, 09:08:35 AM
A few contributors seem to be very annoyed with the County Board but I'm told that all have been returned unopposed with the exception of Kevin Brady replacing Joe Jordan who stepped down after five years in the chair and Ollie Hearty replaced Brady as vice-chairman.
If this is true then the clubs in the county must be satisfied.

::) You serious? Not so bad about Brady but the other is a complete joke!! Worming his way in nicely!!

[/quote

If anything, this game was further proof that the Armagh County Board are failing the smaller/weaker clubs by not grading U-21 and U-18 Championships.  I really cannot understand why Armagh clubs and their delegates allow this situation to happen year after year.  With no proper grading, what incentive is there for Division 3 and Division 4 Clubs to even enter a team in the Under 21 and minor championships?  Yesterday's game at An Port Mor was a complete mismatch and was of no benefit to either the winners or losers.

Redhandfan, You werent talking to the referee at half time by any chance??

full back

There was noboby else going for the job Whacker, so if he is the only nominee he is entitled to it-regardless of what you or I say

trueblue

that culloville cruppen game has been put back until NEXT sunday.thats a f**king joke the pitches arent going to be any more playable next sunday. the game was fixed for dromintee,both teams went there only to be told it wasnt playable. both teams went to the bridge only to be told it was also unplayable. surely this game should have been fixed for somewher with a new pitch such as kileavy or newtown or somewher like that. i know clubs are closing their fields for work to be done but for f**k sake will somebody please sort this situation out because it is a f**king joke to still be playing playoffs in december wen the league started in april. a full 8 months to play a 24 game league

Uladh

Grading underage teams is a very difficult job. Smaller clubs can produce great teams every so often and they will then be denied the opportunity of competing at the highest level... perhaps with the best team in the competition?