Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 14, 2007, 01:45:49 PM
f**k off illdecide.

See there you go again with your nice manners (and no bad temper that you never loose) all i said was to bury the issue and you tell me f**k off, I bet your a scary guy who beat women. Your making some friends these days Pints with your shite and rude talk :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 14, 2007, 02:15:34 PM
This is part of the reason why North Armagh club football is in decline because the kids never get to see the county finals or even semi finals on their own doorsteps. Davitt park and even clann Eirean park would be as good a ground as any and the petty issues would be taken care of. Lets share the game around so all the kids can and gaels can have some of the best players in Ireland playing locally.

Was the Ogs Vs Maghery Championship semi final game not in Davitt Park last week?

I can't see how this causes the game to be in delcine in the North Armagh area, sure there hasn't been a county final in the town for years now! I think an interest in other sports has a greater effect

winsamsoon

I can't see how this causes the game to be in delcine in the North Armagh area, sure there hasn't been a county final in the town for years now! I think an interest in other sports has a greater effect
[/quote]

Ben you have just proved my point. Over these number of years that there has been no county finals what has happened to the standard of football in North Armagh??????? Of course interest in other sports and drinking cultures and many other issues are contributing factors but not having the better standard of players playing at least once a year( ie county final) means there ain't a lot of incentive for younger kids. You sa what way the county reacted when Armagh won an all Ireand. Surely if great players like Mc Conville and kernan were playing in lurgan then it would further promote gaelic games in the area and allow us to compete with these other sports that have plagued us. We have all been at under age presentations. Have a ordinary club member presenting the medals or bring up say Canavan or Dara o se and the diference will be day and night.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh4SamAgain

is the final fixed for Keady or not. When will we no?
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

cross4capital

how come the final isnt gonna be at cross?

pintsofguinness

Illdecide, I apologise for my earlier comments to you, check your pms.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Granemore beat the bridge by 2 this evening.
Desperate wind fucked up the game.  We'd all the possession in the first half (playing against the wind), wasted a lot of it but led by about 3 at half time.  Granemore had most of the possession in the second half and made good use of theirs.  Deserved their victory.

I doubt that's the year over now. 

crossfire

The senior championship final has been officially fixed for Oliver Plunket Park Crossmaglen.

pintsofguinness

What was with all the Keady talk?
Bullshit?

diesel-smuggler

carrickcruppen beat st. peters tonight 2-14 to 2-8 in the worst game of football i have ever witnessed. referree bottled in big-time in his refusal to give st. peters a clear cut penalty in the last few minutes, have they had scored would have put them 1 point in the lead, cruppen went down the field and scored 1-1 to end up winning by 6 on a scoreline that totally flattered the performance.

however it is another 2 points!

twotwocharlie

can't see crupprn getting all their games played at this stage. looks like st pats and killeavy for div 1.

qub la la la

they're gonna have to try. i believe there'es a game on wednesday night in clann eireann.

Armagh4SamAgain

Where is the co final FFS??? Is it cross or Keady?
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

el_cuervo_fc

It's in Cross

Ogs beat Whitecross 3:13 to 1:08 on saturday night

any other results?

winsamsoon

both clans and killeavy tops their groups at the All Ireland 7's in Dublin at the weekend, only to be eliminated in the last 16. The lads then meet up in Kilmacuds for many beers while longstone beat St Galls in the final. Good times guys  ;) :D Oh and the clans had to men sent off in the tournament so this refereing conspiracy theory that i have is spreading right across the country now :D :D :D :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.