Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

The armagh forward line for 2007 at this stage with mallon and clarke gone or bit part players at best.

ONeill

Really sorry to hear this and hopefully the time out is exaggerated at present.

Yiz may be a punch of apple-chomping buckfast-swilling street-urinating low-lifes but I always liked Clarke's approach and demeanour on the field.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Some of the bit players would be good enough, if they get enough games in the McKenna and the League.

Any more word of Marsden's rumoured return to the fold? Is he training with the county or not?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Over the Bar

Anything to do with the knee can often be complex and debilitating.  I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case for young Clarke and he's back asap as he's a great talent and a joy to watch.

illdecide

Unfortunatly Marsden will not be returning, and thats from the horses mouth. It's a pity as he could easly still play for the county!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Border Fox

While the Armagh of 2002-now have given us some fantastic times, and it has to be said that Oisin has produced more consistently over a longer period...... it is still hard to bate the memory of the thrill of watching Marsden at his best in 1999-2000, unstoppable at his best!

Spiritof98

Clarkie went in for routine keyhole surgery in his knee. What the doctors found has left him devastated, the cartilage in his knee is non-exsistant, it has worn away and the injury is apparantly down to wear and tear over the years. Simply put - Burn out.

Ronan has been on the county squad from the 2001 season(drafted in after the defeat to Tyrone), thats 18, but he has been playing senior club football from 16. This has all took its toll. Since 1999 he has played:

2 seasons at Macrory
2 minor club campaigns, (both reaching Xmas St pauls Comp)
2 County Minor seasons
5 Seasons at County senior
7 seasons senior club
Dragged out while injured for several Sigersons
2 International Rules Series
Several Railway cups.

This is not uncommon with many talented players at this age, but are we going to let it continue as in 10 years time senior county players will be retiring at 26 regularly.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

el_cuervo_fc

Gutted about Clarke.  Next year not just as bright for the Ogs now.  I'm more Gutted for Ronan himself.  He's been training flat out lately and after last years season it's a big disappointment. 

I wish him a speedy recovery

youbetterbelieveit

from spirits list, it is an awful amount of games for young fellas to be playing.

BenDover

Yes a speedy recovery indeed devastating news! Would Sean Cavanagh not be in the same boat more or less?

Goats Do Shave

Big Sean has been a bit more fotunate with injuries though.

Imposerous

What is the reality of this: can he overcome this completely?  Terrible news for the lad.  Hope he is able to keep his spirits up and doesn't try to come back sooner than he's 100%.

nrico2006

Ive read conflicting reports that he could be back by championship or he might not be back until this time next year.  Whatever happens he wont be near 100% in 2007, and this will be a big blow to Armagh.  They rely heavily on the Clarke/McDonnell combination from play, and without him they will struggle for scores.

Armagh's 2007 hopes have been dealt another blow with the news that full forward Ronan Clarke is facing several months on the sidelines.

Clarke, who was the Orchard County's only All-Star recipient this year, recently underwent keyhole surgery on a knee problem, but surgeons discovered that the damage to the knee was more serious than had initially been thought, leaving him facing the prospect of sitting out the entire National League and perhaps part of the championship as well.

It is a big setback to Clarke, who was troubled by a back injury earlier this year before bouncing back to play a leading role in Armagh's capture of the Ulster championship for a third consecutive year.

Armagh are also set to be without the services of full back Francie Bellew for the National League because of a shoulder injury.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sandy Hill

A huge blow for us especially in the light of Brian Mallon also being doubtful!
"Stercus accidit"

maddog

Quote from: Sandy Hill on December 15, 2006, 04:50:52 PM
A huge blow for us especially in the light of Brian Mallon also being doubtful!

Indeed it is, Clarke was our main threat this year. However out of bad can come good and maybe we can unearth a couple more forwards during the league to take the place of BM and RC. Wish the lad a speedy and complete recovery.