The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

The M.E.N should make interesting reading tonight, esp with the spanish press haveing already written the template

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=64387

"Dear Rangers supporters, never come back to Barcelona again. And not because your players themselves aren't a legitimate team. No, it's not because of that - the Nou Camp frequently hosts teams who are lazy, boring, who only defend, who run and kick their opponents, and who shouldn't be in elite competition. On top of this, Rangers merely defend, run at the opposition and play dirty. Their defenders are butchers, their midfielders, heavy-footed; and their strikers just stand there like the furniture.

"But even apart from the footballing aspect, the best thing would be for Rangers never to return to Barcelona, because every time they do, they make a mess of the place. 35 years ago, you (the Rangers supporters) destroyed the seats at the Nou Camp. This time we have enjoyed no less than 48 hours of brawls, provocation, rackets, fights and common drunk women throughout the whole city, which you have fouled however you pleased.

"Stay at home and vomit in your own living-room, urinate in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours, the Celtic supporters (who deserve a prize just for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow instead. Don't come back here again, because it is not a laughing matter. And, by extension, don't play in the Champions League either. You are not at that level neither in a sporting nor human sense" - Editorial from the Elmundo Deportivo newspaper.
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Croí na hÉireann

This will hopefully put an end to the Old Firm tag and the myth that both Glasgow clubs are different sides of the same shitty coin. Although there will still be people like SammyG who will have a vested interest in proposing this.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

parttimeexile

There's very little sympathy here lads! Would you not have liked to have seen those lovely fans getting to celebrate. If they are that  much craic when they lose imagine what they are like when they win.

T Fearon

Sammy probably doesn't appreciate the irony...that is a North of Ireland supporter ridiculing anyone else in sport, and I mean anyone, for sectarianism ???

SammyG

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 15, 2008, 12:29:38 PM
This will hopefully put an end to the Old Firm tag and the myth that both Glasgow clubs are different sides of the same shitty coin.t
How will it end it and why is it a myth. It is a statement of fact.
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 15, 2008, 12:29:38 PM
Although there will still be people like SammyG who will have a vested interest in proposing this.
What vested interest?

SammyG

Quote from: T Fearon on May 15, 2008, 12:32:46 PM
Sammy probably doesn't appreciate the irony...that is a North of Ireland supporter ridiculing anyone else in sport, and I mean anyone, for sectarianism ???
I'm not from the North of Ireland, so I'm not sure why that is directed at me.

T Fearon

You support the IFA team, who play at Windsor Park, who alone in these islands if not the World, have a shameful history of absuing, not only opposing players but your own players on account of their religion. Of all the excesses of certain Rangers and Celtic "supporters", neither stooped as low as abusing their own players :(

SammyG

Quote from: T Fearon on May 15, 2008, 12:59:38 PM
You support the IFA team, who play at Windsor Park, who alone in these islands if not the World, have a shameful history of absuing, not only opposing players but your own players on account of their religion.
Complete lie and you well know it.

The Watcher Pat

Maybe now the whole world will see what the Rangers fans are like.

Maybe this was the same Rangers fans who stormed the bar in Belfast only a few weeks ago...? or was that Linfield fans?

Both tarred with the same brush......Makes you proud to be a Tim
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Dannymcfella

his holiness nb

Didnt the Celtic fans win an award for being the best travelling support a few years back?

Then switch to last night in Manchester.

Different sides of the same shitty coin my arse.

I think anyone who had any lingering doubts about Sammy G can now see, through his efforts on here today, that he is a 100% bigot.

Ask me holy bollix

Bensars

Heard the chairman of a rangers supporters group on the radio this morning. He said he couldnt defend any of the actions, totally unacceptable.

In regards to the fans awards, did northern ireland not win something not so long ago.  And we all know what they have been capable of.

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 15, 2008, 01:25:29 PM
Didnt the Celtic fans win an award for being the best travelling support a few years back?

Then switch to last night in Manchester.

Different sides of the same shitty coin my arse.

I think anyone who had any lingering doubts about Sammy G can now see, through his efforts on here today, that he is a 100% bigot.

So condemning scum makes you a bigot. Right on big lad, glad we got that cleared up.  ::)