World Cup or Sam Maguire?

Started by mannix, April 24, 2008, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

Which would you prefer, Ireland to win the World Cup Final or your own county to win Sam Maguire?
Kerry nor Brazilian  lads need not bother replying.
For me it would have to be Sam Maguire, I like the ould soccer but would prefer to see Mayo land Sam.

tyssam5

Don't think you'd get many on this board who would take a single second to ponder that non-dilemma. Sam vs a county championship for your club would be a better question maybe?

ExiledGael

I'd take the Anglo-Celt ahead of the World Cup. Not many will say that.

doire na raithe

at this stage i would take a worlde cup. ireland winning the world cup would be a far bigger and greater achievement than armagh winning the all-ireland.

The Subbie

Even if some bird with a crystal ball told me Ireland were gonna win back to back world cups and three euro championships in a row I'd swap it for 1 more Ulster and an All Ireland for Mnineachain, I'm away back to sleep now....... ::)

Dinny Breen

I'd take the Delaney at this stage..
#newbridgeornowhere

J70

No contest! Donegal first, by far, always.

Main Street

Can't remember ever being as devastated as when Monaghan lost to Kerry in the Q/F last year.

I don't know how Mayo fans have survived :)

Kerry, if beaten, always know they will be back next year so they just ignore the grief.

The two are not mutually exclusive, supporting your county and country in soccer.
When it came to the crunch in summer 2002, most were gripped by Ireland v Spain contest. How few turned up in Clones to watch Donegal and Derry in the UCSF.

AZOffaly

If anyone on this answers anything other than the Sam Maguire, I'd be very surprised. Apart from maybe some of the Kerry lads who are bored with it all :D

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2008, 06:41:53 PM
If anyone on this answers anything other than the Sam Maguire, I'd be very surprised. Apart from maybe some of the Kerry lads who are bored with it all :D

Deffo the world cup.
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

That one was for you AZ  ;)

Deffo Sam, no doubt.

Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

Bearing in mind that many of the Irish team will probably have been born in England and lived/worked there all their life, the World Cup definitely. The joy on Cascarino's face would have carressed my dreams forever and a day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2008, 06:17:46 PM
Can't remember ever being as devastated as when Monaghan lost to Kerry in the Q/F last year.

I don't know how Mayo fans have survived :)

Kerry, if beaten, always know they will be back next year so they just ignore the grief.

The two are not mutually exclusive, supporting your county and country in soccer.
When it came to the crunch in summer 2002, most were gripped by Ireland v Spain contest. How few turned up in Clones to watch Donegal and Derry in the UCSF.

I was there. And despite what it said on the tickets about forfeiting your seat after such and such a time, I had to move down into the rain when the multitude of pricks who didn't bother coming until half-time arrived.

Main Street

If you don't follow the Republic then obviously the question has no relevance except an excuse to come on and show how much you don't care about the Republics team. But will gladly post willy nilly in some EPL football thread about a foreign team that you follow  ;)

thebandit