World Cup or Sam Maguire?

Started by mannix, April 24, 2008, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

So you must be happy every year you follow them, you could have a look at Mayo today as they are similar.

doire na raithe

Quote from: Rav67 on April 26, 2008, 04:37:57 PM
I do sort of like the Dubs too as have a good few friends from there, I prefer to see them come tantalisingly close and then fail though, adds to the drama for the next year.  That probably sounds a bit sadistic!

No, I think most people across the country enjoy this. Its the same as England in international soccer, we love seeing them do reasonably well, build up their hopes and expectations and then see it all crash around them.

under the bar

Having had the pleasure of lifting the Sam twice in 2 years and on both occasions having had it at a party in my house within a couple of weeks of it being won, I can honestly say that there is no comparison.    However if the ROI win the world cup I'd say there little chance of robbie Keane calling by with the trophy but nevertheless I'd still want it to happen.

stew

I had sam at the da's house when I was hoem for the AI final. That was one of the best days of my life. I remember driving between various ofices in 2002, six months after the AI win and i would think about us winning the AI and a feeling of euphoria would come over me, i will never feel that way again, i cant imagine a second win giving me so much pleasure. after the final whistle the first thought I had was of the generations of the family and friends of the family who loved armagh with all their hearts yet never lived to witness us lifting Sam,emotions were all over the place that day and i will never forget that night in the Harps club, there was nowhere else i would rather have been than right there, among friends and family.

The club is very important to me and God Bless Rufus for his reports, but to watch my fellow countymen play fotball at the highest level, that to me is heaven.

County first, the republic winning the WC would be nice but I would rather have the club win the ulster title than the ROI win the WC. I am a gaelic football fan first, nothing else comes remotely close.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Galwaybhoy

Ireland winning the world cup over Sam probably.

It would be a harder choice between Liam and a World cup though.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on April 28, 2008, 02:47:02 PM
Ireland winning the world cup over Sam probably.

It would be a harder choice between Liam and a World cup though.
Disappointed with you GB  :P

Liam, Sam, World Cup for me.

dec

Quote from: stew on April 28, 2008, 01:57:29 AM
I remember driving between various ofices in 2002, six months after the AI win
So 2002 continued for six months after September 22nd in Wisconsin?