Messi

Started by Dinny Breen, April 23, 2008, 11:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

That kid deseves a thread of his own...

Superb 60 mins tonight, I would actually pay to watch him....
#newbridgeornowhere

slow corner back

good player no doubt, but how many shots on target in 60 mins. Personally I thught xavi was much better

Surreal Steve

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 23, 2008, 11:23:39 PM
That kid deseves a thread of his own...

Superb 60 mins tonight, I would actually pay to watch him....

They'd hardly let you in for free now, would they?  ::)

Seriously though, some class touches tonight. Flicking it over Evra, and thon touch on to his foot that time. Lit up the game when he came on against Espanyol at the weekend, was lethal. Hope he hammers in a few v United. Was surprised to see him being taken off after 60, even given his lack of match fitness.

corn02

Xavi is one of the most under rated players in the World. Only seen last 30 minutes, so missed Messi. Man is a magician.

Dinny Breen

Quotegood player no doubt, but how many shots on target in 60 mins. Personally I thught xavi was much better

Tut! Tut! I'm talking about his touch, his movement, his ability to pick a pass..

How many shots on target, who cares  ::)

SS, I',m very cynical towards soccer but Messi has given me a little bit of hope for that game..
#newbridgeornowhere

slow corner back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 23, 2008, 11:30:31 PM
Quotegood player no doubt, but how many shots on target in 60 mins. Personally I thught xavi was much better

Tut! Tut! I'm talking about his touch, his movement, his ability to pick a pass..

How many shots on target, who cares  ::)

SS, I',m very cynical towards soccer but Messi has given me a little bit of hope for that game..
If you dont hit a shot on target you dont score so personally I would care if my favourite player failed to hit the target.

The Real Laoislad

Have been to a couple of games in the Nou Camp this season and both Messi only came on as a sub. Changed both games within minutes of coming on. I would say he has now passed out Kaka as best player in the world. That flick over Evra was pure genius and the chap was only half fit tonight imagine  if he had of been fully fit
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Yes I Would

Would have liked to see him working his magic on left wing as well, whipping in some decent crosses.
Thought Barca played too tight and predictable, bit like Arsenal at times.
Its all about an end product!

Niall Quinn

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 24, 2008, 12:23:19 AM
The new Messi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkcBKpFkQk4

He's all right foot and seems to want to hug that fence when a multitude of options are open in towards the yellow slide.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

The Gs Man

haha.  Im thinking of tying a weight to his right foot.  Might make him use the left.  what ye reckon?
Keep 'er lit

Niall Quinn

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 24, 2008, 12:47:10 AM
haha.  Im thinking of tying a weight to his right foot.  Might make him use the left.  what ye reckon?

Or maybe his right footedness will put in balance his political leanings and he'll grow up to be the social conscience of Lurgan.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

blast05

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 24, 2008, 12:23:19 AM
The new Messi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkcBKpFkQk4

What ? Some small fat Celtic supporter puts a video of his kid on You Tube and purports that he is the next Messi ? Pathetic

mannix

Hes a good player alright, he would walk straight onto the dublin team, even if pillar thinks he is too fancy.

Moose

Messi has to be considered the best player in the world today, hardly puts a foot wrong, his touch is amazing, the economy of movement. He does seem to make a real difference in the games he plays, dunphy,giles & brady seem to like him which I couldn't exactly say about Ronaldo.......