An absolute f**king disgrace.....

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, April 22, 2008, 01:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

An absolute f**king disgrace:  >:( >:( >:(

SPL prepares to extend the season 

The Scottish Premier League has decided to extend its season until 22 May if Rangers reach the Uefa Cup final.

It has taken the unprecedented step of publishing two sets of fixtures for the final set of games.

SPL secretary Iain Blair said: "It is well documented that this has been an exceptionally challenging season in terms of fixturing.

"The combination of a number of diverse circumstances has produced unparalleled scheduling problems."

From BBC

Tbc....

magpie seanie

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2008, 01:39:47 PM
You have little to be worrying about.

As a Celtic fan, I believe that all teams should be treated equal, not changing the goal posts to advantage one team - congratulations to Rankers for managing to manipulate the SPL once more.
Tbc....

the green man

I cant see them getting past Fiorentina in any case, so the league will end as per.

magpie seanie

When I clicked on the thread I thought it was going to be something about the Health services or something. Do ye not have some deadly Sellick thread to discuss "outrages" such as this on?

T Fearon

Isn't Gordon Smith ex Huns striker and misser of an open goal in the 1983 FA Cup Final the head honcho in Scottish Football anyway? What else do you expect! >:(

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 22, 2008, 01:49:00 PM
When I clicked on the thread I thought it was going to be something about the Health services or something. Do ye not have some deadly Sellick thread to discuss "outrages" such as this on?

This is a discussion board as far as I'm aware, therefore I'll post what I like (within the rules obviously).
Tbc....

J70

"... and Smith must score!"

Remember that well! Big Ron called it "the moment we died a thousand deaths". Set up by a great Michael Robinson run, 8 yards out, only Bailey to beat, last minute of extra time...

magpie seanie

QuoteThis is a discussion board as far as I'm aware, therefore I'll post what I like (within the rules obviously).

Was I trying to stop you discussing anything? Don't be so precious. Just asking for a bit of perspective. On a Celtic thread it may be considered "an absolute f**king disgrace" but it hardly merited a new thread. In the big scheme of things its fairly inconsequential. The thread title suggests the opposite.

Rav67

What a joke, you'd think they couldn't still get away with this sort of shite.

clarshack

not surprising really! they'll pull every trick in the book...

Uladh

Was there a similar request from celtic the year they made the uefa cup final?

the green man

Quote from: Uladh on April 22, 2008, 03:32:36 PM

Was there a similar request from celtic the year they made the uefa cup final?

Indeed they did, Uladh. Were refused because the dates for the games were 'set in stone', or something like it.

tintin25

Them links don't seem to be working. In all fairness, would it seriousley affect things that much? Rangers are still gonna have to play something like 4 games in 8 days?

the green man

these ones?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/2940379.stm

I dont see it affecting the outcome of the league at all. Celtic have no one but themselves to blame for effin up at home to St Mirren, Motherwell, ICT away.