Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Just read the Irish Times article and as Maguire says above, nothing new. Big headline but no real substance. As for Logie, sure he still really hasn't said much about it. It's all a bit vague. It say's he's busy now, but it doesn't even go into detail as to what he is doing.
A nothing article really. I'm just surprised RTE haven't snapped up Jerome Quinn. I always liked his genuine passion for the game, and the game always seemed to come first instead of the ego led RTE boys, Brolly, Spillane and co.

ck

Anyone know what Adrian Logan is at now?

Minder

Quote from: ck on January 08, 2011, 10:52:05 PM
Just read the Irish Times article and as Maguire says above, nothing new. Big headline but no real substance. As for Logie, sure he still really hasn't said much about it. It's all a bit vague. It say's he's busy now, but it doesn't even go into detail as to what he is doing.
A nothing article really. I'm just surprised RTE haven't snapped up Jerome Quinn. I always liked his genuine passion for the game, and the game always seemed to come first instead of the ego led RTE boys, Brolly, Spillane and co.

I would disagree and say Quinn had as big an ego as any of them, Brolly and Spillane had reason to have an ego. If Tyrone were gettting any sort of criticism by Burns et al Quinn would shout them down like a petulant schoolboy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ck

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2011, 12:40:44 AM

I would disagree and say Quinn had as big an ego as any of them, Brolly and Spillane had reason to have an ego. If Tyrone were gettting any sort of criticism by Burns et al Quinn would shout them down like a petulant schoolboy.

You could be right but I just don't remember seeing it that way. To me he always came across as a real GAA supporter. And the fact that he shouted down lads for criticising Tyrone is not an ego IMO it's genuine passion. An ego is Spillane and Brolly trying to out wit each other and see who can be the most controversial. Their rants are about them rather than the match, Quinns views were always about the football first.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JohnDenver on December 15, 2010, 02:14:48 PM
According to the article in the Mirror today it was Thomas Kane who done the original touting against Jerome about posting on the board.  He is said to have pointed Watson in the direction of it.

Don't have access to the article to post it up, but looks like he was worried about verbal or physical attacks from supporters.  More thank likely he was seeing a promotion for himself!!
Kane's mascara will be running after he gets a touch next time he's up at Casement! Rat!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 09, 2011, 01:11:47 AM
Kane won't be Able for Casement.

Scummy Bastid.
There aren't nearly enough Old Testament references on the gaaboard. Seriously though he was worried about getting grief when Bloody Mary was posting :D

Hardy

Duggan's article said Quinn had been posting as "Bloody Mary" on the GAA's own message board. Where is that? I don't think gaa.ie has a message board.

ONeill

Can you give an example of this ego?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I see the original article (the Tyrone jersey/Windsor) has been deleted by the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/bbc_pundits/1528720.stm (rather strange that the page/pic is still there though)

The follow-on is still available - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/1532651.stm
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on January 09, 2011, 11:01:39 AM

The self-styled Mr GAA brings the BBC to a tribunal, represents himself and helps fuel a mini media circus and you don't think there's any ego?

ck

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 09, 2011, 02:41:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 09, 2011, 11:01:39 AM

The self-styled Mr GAA brings the BBC to a tribunal, represents himself and helps fuel a mini media circus and you don't think there's any ego?

Who said there isnt any ego? There may well be but his broadcasting was football led at all times unlike others.
All I said was that he came across to me as a genuine GAA follower, full of passion and knowledge. As far as I am concerned Quinn stood up for what he believed in and faught for more coverage for our biggest sport. That's admirable in my book. Some may call him foolish for taking on the BBC establishment but fair play to him I say. Both BBC and UTV continue to show prejudice and if Jerome has done nothing else he has highlighted that.

Bogball XV

Interesting piece for those of us who haven't read the other thread.

That other lad Kane is some bollox - good lad to have on your team eh?

ck

Thomas Kane the smarmy, slimey, sneaky rat. (Said through gritted teeth!) Next time I see him prancing around the sideline I promise to let him get a mouthful.

mountainboii

Quote from: ck on January 09, 2011, 07:41:19 PM
Thomas Kane the smarmy, slimey, sneaky rat. (Said through gritted teeth!) Next time I see him prancing around the sideline I promise to let him get a mouthful.

Keep your seedy intentions to yourself. This is a family friendly forum.

ck

Quote from: AFS on January 09, 2011, 07:52:40 PM
Quote from: ck on January 09, 2011, 07:41:19 PM

Keep your seedy intentions to yourself. This is a family friendly forum.

You have a seey mind AFS