Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootthemout

what have i missed,is he gay :o

ziggysego

Quote from: rootthemout on April 28, 2010, 10:27:04 PM
what have i missed,is he gay :o

well he isn't happy, if that's what you mean.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Are there any ginger presenters who've had a sustained period in front of the camera in a non-acting role?

Not included are Chris Evans, Anne Robinson or Charlie Dimmock.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

boojangles

Quote from: muppet on April 27, 2010, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 27, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Under what name did Jerome post on here?

Fair play to him anyway. Always struck me as a good GAA man who knew his stuff. Hopefully something good arises out of this for him anyway.

For God's sake nobody answer that.
This is an anonymous forum. Everyone is technically anonymous unless they decide to reveal their username themselves. I would say the BBC or anyone else would have quite a job proving who an anonymous poster on an anonymous website actually was. Especially such a high profile individual given the chance of someone pretending to be him.

Best of luck Jerome.

For God's sake pull your head out of Jerome's ass will ya. I was only asking a question.You don't have to answer it.
If he was posting on here you can be sure the BBC and their reps will have known a long time ago.

DennistheMenace

How was he specifically discriminated against ?

Where has this 'racial' card come from ?

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on April 28, 2010, 11:37:56 PM
Are there any ginger presenters who've had a sustained period in front of the camera in a non-acting role?

Not included are Chris Evans, Anne Robinson or Charlie Dimmock.

Our Cilla
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

Quotewhat have i missed,is he gay

Perhaps you might review your spelling, this thread is Jerome Ousted!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: boojangles on April 28, 2010, 11:50:45 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 27, 2010, 04:54:07 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 27, 2010, 04:08:30 PM
Under what name did Jerome post on here?

Fair play to him anyway. Always struck me as a good GAA man who knew his stuff. Hopefully something good arises out of this for him anyway.

For God's sake nobody answer that.
This is an anonymous forum. Everyone is technically anonymous unless they decide to reveal their username themselves. I would say the BBC or anyone else would have quite a job proving who an anonymous poster on an anonymous website actually was. Especially such a high profile individual given the chance of someone pretending to be him.

Best of luck Jerome.

For God's sake pull your head out of Jerome's ass will ya. I was only asking a question.You don't have to answer it.
If he was posting on here you can be sure the BBC and their reps will have known a long time ago.

I am from Mayo. I am barely aware of him. Nordie celebs are irrelevant to me. I would just be wary of this board grassing, accidently or otherwise. Imagine if 20 guys had come back and posted an identical answer? Thankfully no one was stupid enough to answer your question or we might be hearing it in court.

You could have asked for a PM.
MWWSI 2017

NaomhBridAbĂș

This story unfortunately will run and run - how such a load of shite could enjoy such publicity is beyond me.

personally what goes on between himelf and his former employer is only a matter for Jerome Quinn. As an impartial presenter, i always felt that he was too biased towards Tyrone - and i am a tyrone fan.

Mr GAA, my hole.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

sandwiches_in_the_boot

He has't a leg to stand on IMO. Alleging discrimination when you got caught slagging your boss is a bit silly when your replacement is a paddy from Sligo. All he can hope for is to inspire debate.

Personally I'm not of this talibanesque stance toward the BBC, as I believe there's a fairly decent amount of GAA coverage to keep me happy from the papers and magazines, online sites, local and regional radio and TV. Of course I would like more and there's always going to be that influentual soccer element within BBCNI sport, they've been there a long time and increasing the GAA budget will mean less for them, so hardly shocking that they're looking after their own interests.

In contrast to RTE, we get decent radio coverage (albeit MW) throughout the year and get the McRory final. The online and teletext coverage is OK, just. But they cover the main stories and I mean there's no shortage of GAA journalists and columnists about if you want to read about the issues.
TV is a complex issue as the BBCNI will find it hard to match the RTE budget, who broadcast to most of the North anyway. The far superior RTE production means most in the North are watching the Sunday Game.

But saying that, if you were going to allege bias at the BBC, the championship coverage is where you would start.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Ulick

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 29, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
He has't a leg to stand on IMO. Alleging discrimination when you got caught slagging your boss is a bit silly when your replacement is a paddy from Sligo. All he can hope for is to inspire debate.

That's irrelevant i.e. there wasn't likely to be many Normans from Newtownards in the running for the post.

passedit

Quote from: muppet on April 29, 2010, 05:18:15 AM
I am from Mayo. I am barely aware of him. Nordie celebs are irrelevant to me. I would just be wary of this board grassing, accidently or otherwise. Imagine if 20 guys had come back and posted an identical answer? Thankfully no one was stupid enough to answer your question or we might be hearing it in court.

You could have asked for a PM.

We will be as it's the reason he was sacked, I saw nothing but fair comment and a wee bit of narcissism here, however they would seem from reports to be concentrating on postings on Hogan Stand. Muppet, they already know everthing Jerome posted from his BBC computer, anything else is irrelevant. 
Don't Panic

A Quinn Martin Production

Forget Jerome lads, the real big example of BBC bias is when at about 10:30pm, the six counties has weather, Scotland, East Anglia Staffordshire and Kent have weather but there never appears to be any weather in Sligo, Donegal or Monaghan ;) 

Come on Jackie sort it out!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Ulick on April 29, 2010, 08:51:31 AM
Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 29, 2010, 08:38:04 AM

That's irrelevant i.e. there wasn't likely to be many Normans from Newtownards in the running for the post.

Hardly irrelevant. If you are going to sue an employer for discrimination for being Catholic and Irish, it hardly helps your case that your employer actively employs Irish catholics and in fact replaced you with one.

That's like suing an employer for been overlooked for a promotion as you were a woman, when the person who got the job was in fact a woman.

I think what Jerome's doing is trying to bring BBC policy regarding local sport broadcasting into the public domain and pressurise into promoting GAA on par with soccer. In terms of personal discrimination/damages, he hasn't a hope, particularly when he was posting negative commentary on internet forums about his employer.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

seafoid

It looks as though there was a severe breakdown in the relationship between JQ and his superiors and that he made a stupid mistake which was punished to the full.  Maybe that wasn't the right job for him. He probably needs to have a good think about what's right for him and make a stab at building up his career again.  Norn Iron is a very small space though and once you burn your bridges with the BBC there isn't much left.