Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 27, 2010, 03:04:41 PM
Good luck to Jerome.
As  GAA fans up north have to pay for BBC coverage,they should have fair play for the biggest sporting organisation in the North,it always struck me as strange how they showed highlights of Irish Premier League games in greast detail,yet wouldnt show Ulster Counties league games,some games(especially Ulster derbies) by themselves who would have more at them than the entire IPL schedule.
Hopefully TV3/RTE will offer Jerome a job.

As license fee payers we've as much right as anyone else and if the few hundred who turn up to see the blues on a saturday can get air time theres no reason the club GAA games in various counties let alone intercounty games with a few thousand attending shouldn't get the same if not more air time.

Get wired into them Jerome.

Milltown Row2

yeah giving off about your bosses on company time was a silly thing to do. should have waited till he got home before calling his bosses a shower of Wnakers.

cant see him winning his case, more than likely it has been a 'work mate' that has grassed him up on the posting.

but keep her lit Jerome. those videos he does at games are great

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2010, 04:04:14 PM
yeah giving off about your bosses on company time was a silly thing to do. should have waited till he got home before calling his bosses a shower of Wnakers.

cant see him winning his case, more than likely it has been a 'work mate' that has grassed him up on the posting.

but keep her lit Jerome. those videos he does at games are great

Agreed, the best he can do is to redden a few faces at the BBC.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

boojangles

Under what name did Jerome post on here?

Fair play to him anyway. Always struck me as a good GAA man who knew his stuff. Hopefully something good arises out of this for him anyway.

RealSpiritof98

You've got the full backing on here Mr Quinn, good luck.

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 27, 2010, 04:09:49 PM
You've got the full backing on here Mr Quinn, good luck.

Cheers!

balladmaker

Fair play Jerome, show them up for what they are!

Logan

+1 to the above

His book on the Ulster teams and Captains of the 90's was a very good read.

Feckitt

Hardy

I wish him well, but what about the alternative scenario? He loses his case and the BBC point to that as proof, anytime they're taken to task, that allegations of negative bias in GAA coverage are nonsense, as found by an official tribunal.

Orior

I hope Jerome is successful, however he needs a good sound argument. When your argument is based on sectarianism you kind of leave yourself open to the same challenge.

On the positive side, the BBC did get rid of that cnut George Jones.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Logan

Quote from: Hardy on April 27, 2010, 04:22:46 PM
I wish him well, but what about the alternative scenario? He loses his case and the BBC point to that as proof, anytime they're taken to task, that allegations of negative bias in GAA coverage are nonsense, as found by an official tribunal.
We're all well used to that argument though aren't we?

Quote from: Hardy on April 27, 2010, 04:22:46 PM

Good point Hardy...you can be sure that the BBC will be highlighting the fact that Jerome's replacement was Austin O'Callaghan who I think is from Co Sligo?? and probably is from a Catholic background??

Feckitt

The mindset at the BBC seems to be that between soccer and GAA ( to make this easier I am leaving out rugby and other sports)

1. Northern Ireland International soccer is top dog
2. Irish league club soccer is the equivalent of Championship GAA
3. National League GAA barely merits a mention
4. McKenna Cup, Club finals or hurling of any description- Forget it.

This is despite the fact that some Club Finals have a bigger attendance than many NI International matches.
Also if an  Ulster Championship match in Clones has 35,000 at it, I would safely say that the majority of Irish League soccer clubs would need to play 50 games before they would get a total attendance of 35,000! 
But as far as the BBC is concerned Newry Town v Distillery is just as important as Down v Armagh.

Fair play Jerome, this shit needs to be exposed!

Logan

As a matter of interest ... how many would NI have watching them play a standard WC qualifier?