Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: Hereiam on April 27, 2010, 02:15:22 PM
Good man Jerome, you have our full backing on this one.
+1
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

tyronefan

good luck Jerome     hope you win your case

Nally Stand

Maith thú Jerome. I would safely say you have tue support of every GAA fan in the country on this one.

Ádh mór ort.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hotrocks

screenmachine

Jerome is after all only stating what every GAA person knows and there has been numerous complaints on here before regarding the coverage of the GAA.  It's about time someone threw a cat among the pigeons and fair play to Jerome for not letting this lie.  Nothing frustrates me more when your watching the local sport and every soccer match gets about two minutes each - the GAA coverage is then reduced to usually a solitary score if there is any video footage at all.  That is of course, unless there is a field fight or something negative surrounding the GAA - this story will usually make the News headlines never mind the sport...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

funtime frankie

I've signed into this board to voice my support for Jerome - even if he is ginger!

Everybody knows that the BBC has been pushing the GAA down the agenda. Somebody may tell the gang in Ormeau Ave that fenians are no longer second class citizens and fair play to Jerome for taking a stand.

What amazes me is that the BBC has cameras up at Ballyskeagh on a Saturday whenever there's a couple of hundred punters for an Irish League match and yet a derby game up in the glens, or any county for that matter, would attract considerably more and is not deemed to be worthy of any comment in their sports' bulletins. Who determines the hierarchy of sport? Who decides that soccer is more demanding of television coverage than Gaelic Games?

Although I don't want anything from the British Broadcasting Corporation, we should bring them to task as those of us who live in the six north eastern counties are forced to contribute to their coffers.

So, fair play to Jerome and maybe the Ulster Council should speak out against the BBC

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 27, 2010, 02:25:31 PM
Maith thú Jerome. I would safely say you have tue support of every GAA fan in the country on this one.

Ádh mór ort.
+1
Great to see you taking a stand jerome
all the best with the case
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

cabra_harps

Aye coverage of GAA has always been piss poor on BBC. Loads of coverage of soccer matches with only a few hundred spectators there and a Ulster semi or something with several thousand gets treated the same. But its surprising its taking him so long to blast them over it. You'd wonder why it's only last year he put up the comments on the internet when the BBC's coverage has been woeful for years. Still, good for him, and hope they get nailed by the employment tribunal over it.

DuffleKing

Fantastic Jerome. Great to see someone taking a meaningful stand on this at last. At the very least it is going to highlight and the issue upstairs and put major pressure on the bbc to justify their marginalising of gaelic games coverage. I hope you succeed.

winsamsoon

we've been saying it here from when the old board existed. But i fear Jerome will be hung out to dry because they will say he shouldn't have been criticising the company he works for especially during company time. Si i doubt he will win his case. But it will serve a purpose because it will once again highlight the stinking amount of coverage afforded to the Gaa by the BBC. Only this time it is a legal matter and will get far more coverage.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Doogie Browser

Good luck to him, I see he is representing himself which will not be easy.  I am sure he has had advice aplenty from a few people in the legal profession though.

BallyhaiseMan

Good luck to Jerome.
As  GAA fans up north have to pay for BBC coverage,they should have fair play for the biggest sporting organisation in the North,it always struck me as strange how they showed highlights of Irish Premier League games in greast detail,yet wouldnt show Ulster Counties league games,some games(especially Ulster derbies) by themselves who would have more at them than the entire IPL schedule.
Hopefully TV3/RTE will offer Jerome a job.

Skiddybadoo

GAA stories have even dropped down the teletext page.

Jinxy

Keep her lit Jerome.
Don't let the bastards get you down!  :P
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ziggysego

Quote from: Donagh on April 22, 2008, 05:16:31 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 22, 2008, 01:19:47 PM
From what I've heard, Quinn was slowly been pushed to the background due to his protest of the poor and negative coverage of the GAA by the BBC in recent years. I believe he now just monitors the BBCi Sports NI and the odd wee bit of television work.

As for Austin, I met him a few years ago. A very nice and knowledgeable man. Plus, he's familiar with the board ;)

I think you all are maybe reading too much into this.

*coughs* ;)
Testing Accessibility