When Football Rivalry Goes too Far....

Started by Norf Tyrone, April 20, 2008, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Rumours of a death and a stabbing following Villa Birmingham today.

Nothing confirmed yet...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

Wasn't someone killed by a car walking away from the stadium?

shark

There was no stabbing. It was a RTA. However it is being treated as a murder inquiry and a 20 yr old has been arrested.

pintsofguinness

Rumour of stabbing on Broadstreet in Birmingham this evening.  - hasn't made the news yet.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

go4goal

BBC NEWS
A man, believed to be a football fan, has died after being hit by a car in the Aston area of Birmingham.
The collision happened after Sunday's Premier League match between Aston Villa and Birmingham City at Villa Park, which the home side won 5-1.
Police said the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries during the incident in Aston Hall Road at 1500 BST.
Officers were at the scene and the area was taped off. It is not yet clear if rival supporters were involved.
The vehicle involved was a Volkswagen Golf and police said they were appealing for witnesses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7357625.stm

Doogie Browser

Terrible story that will overshadow a brilliant performance by MON's team today.  According to the villa forums it was a young Villa fan (21) hit by a car and loads of speculation as to the identity of the driver, some saying he was wearing a Birmingham jersey and drove at the crowd, others say it was a tragic accidental collision so will wait and see what pans out. Someone has been arrested by the police tonight, ALL football fans will rightly condemn this as will the overwhelming majority of bluenoses, I have been to quite a few of the derby games at Villa park down the years and there is always massive tension in the air on derby day but if this is related to the match then I would be disgusted. 
My cousin gave me great advice years ago which I always follow, never ever wear club colours when going to a match in England as you never know where you could be isolated and there are scum elements always waiting to pounce.

Puckoon

in all honesty  - at our league today i thought for 90 minutes that some one was going to lose a leg.

afterwards - i thought some one was going to lose their life. complete mexican stand off - which  when teams change and park beside each other off the pitch, isnt a pretty site. some of the wee mexican f**kers were brandishing knives...

its tough out west.

Tyrones own

Ah sure we'll just keep raising taxes to keep scumbags like that living amongst us Puck ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

tyssam5

Quote from: Puckoon on April 21, 2008, 01:51:37 AM
in all honesty  - at our league today i thought for 90 minutes that some one was going to lose a leg.

afterwards - i thought some one was going to lose their life. complete mexican stand off - which  when teams change and park beside each other off the pitch, isnt a pretty site. some of the wee mexican f**kers were brandishing knives...

its tough out west.

Get into them! You have better health insurance!

tyssam5

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 21, 2008, 02:04:33 AM

Ah sure we'll just keep raising taxes to keep scumbags like that living amongst us Puck ::)

Eh, what?

Tyrones own

QuoteGet into them! You have better health insurance!

Good one ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Turns out that the victim and the guy arrested were both Villa fans.

lynchbhoy

speaking of the rivalry, just watched the highlights again of the villa v b'ham game while in the gym.

Thought martin o'neill was a bit too OTT in his celebrations and had crossed into the realm of triumphalism celebrating goals 3, 4 and 5. Completely out of character imo , he would def never have done that while at Celtic.

Also, mcleish must be sick of watching MON celebrate 'derby' clash wins against his teams..I think his face looked like he was saying, oh, no not losing again to this fcuker !

Minder

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 21, 2008, 02:35:20 PM
speaking of the rivalry, just watched the highlights again of the villa v b'ham game while in the gym.

Thought martin o'neill was a bit too OTT in his celebrations and had crossed into the realm of triumphalism celebrating goals 3, 4 and 5. Completely out of character imo , he would def never have done that while at Celtic.

Also, mcleish must be sick of watching MON celebrate 'derby' clash wins against his teams..I think his face looked like he was saying, oh, no not losing again to this fcuker !

In fairness it gave the derby wins at 11 to 7 in favour of O Neill so its not that one sided.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 21, 2008, 02:35:20 PM

OTT?  Lynchboy, you have just done the double over your closest and fiercest rivals, kept your team in the hunt for 5th place (which is the highest we could ever dream of finishing) and you say it was OTT.  Not a bit, O'Neill is not normally known for his passivity anyway so to say its out of character is incorrect in my eyes, he is always pacing the touchline no matter who his teams are playing and I witnessed as many reactions during his Celtic days also.  He is a heart on sleeve kind of guy, Villa are on the up and up and have a great leader and a brilliant Chairman.  Contrast this with the other American owners across the water and you will see what I mean.  Randy Lerner is at the hub of everything positive about us right now, his right hand man General Charles Krulak (Purple Heart holder) watched the match from the Holte end yesterday and had a great reception.  Villa are now in the hands of owners who have the best interests of the club at heart and putting so much back into the community.  The future is bright, the future is Claret & Blue. 

The General Rules!

Believe me, the passion and rivalry of the 'Second City Derby' is as crazy as any of world football's big match ups.

Great moment yesterday when Big Carew hoisted the Ball Boy into the air to celebrate his first goal.