Who makes the best grub?

My mammy
Chinese
Italian
Indian
French
Other

pintsofguinness

Agree Hardy, where is the enjoyment of having a feed when the mouth is burnt of you!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rois

Had the nicest steak I've had in a long time in l'Etoile French restaurant on the Ormeau Road in Belfast on Fri night.  Beautiful. 

Puckoon

Quote from: Hardy on April 20, 2008, 07:28:19 PM
I'm not a great fan of the hot Indian or Mexican stuff myself. I much prefer to taste the food than  tongue-burning spices that you don't so much taste as undergo. I might be wrong, but I've always understood those hot Mexican and Indian dishes were invented specifically to prevent you tasting the food itself, which was more likely to be rancid than it would be in a cooler climate.

Eh no.

steaks as Rois mentioned -had the best steak ive ever eaten at a basque resturaunt on friday night. im still raving about it.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Rois on April 20, 2008, 09:14:54 PM
Had the nicest steak I've had in a long time in l'Etoile French restaurant on the Ormeau Road in Belfast on Fri night.  Beautiful. 

L'Etoile always was very hard to beat.

Amazed how many on the board seem to know pints' mammy. :)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

supersarsfields

I have to say I've never been a big fan of steaks. Odd I know but I'd have always prefered a plate of bacon or sausages to a Steak any day of the week. And can't stand Roast beef.
Not really too into my foreign food either unless pizzas count. And you can't beat the Pizzas out of Villa Italia in Belfast.

magpie seanie

Indian for me. Don't like anything too spicy but have yet to be disappointed. Most of the dishes you'd get round here wouldn't be very hot and spicy anyway. In Sligo Paprika on Pearse Road or Poppadom on O'Connell Street are good but there are 3 or 4 others which will be visited. In Dublin we go to Shalimar on Georges Street which is always class.

Love Italian food too. Trouble I have with ordering pasta in a restaurant is that I can't finish it and i hate leaving food after me.

My dear Mother is a genius of a cook too as is my wife. I'm a lucky man!

Billys Boots

QuoteIn Dublin we go to Shalimar on Georges Street which is always class.

Yes Seanie, always a banker.  There's a really good Indian restaurant in Swords called Indie Spice too.

I like all sorts - I voted Italian because overall you get more choices of excellent grub, and it's healthiest, but I'd be more than happy to eat French, Mexican, Indian, Thai, Indonesian.  I draw the line at Chinese - it's just too bland for words.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I love Mexican. I got spoiled in Arizona of course, so it's hard to get nice stuff here, but Fajitas, Enchiladsas, Chimichangas and Burritos are all gorgeous when done right.

Fíor Gael

The Whistledown in Warrenpoint is hard to beat.

parttimeexile

Think the name of the place in Dunleer is called Carlitos. Supposed to be some spot.Know a fella that would only eat out there and nowhere else.

ONeill

I voted for Lynchbhoy's wife.

Not fond of eating. Don't like sit-down-at-table situations. Would rather wolf whatever it is into me within 3 mins and walk away.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fishbat

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2008, 06:31:50 PM
I voted for Lynchbhoy's wife.

Not fond of eating. Don't like sit-down-at-table situations. Would rather wolf whatever it is into me within 3 mins and walk away.

From a big family? i hear ye - we used to be fed at a trough - auld fella filled her with mince from the coal scuttle and stood well back - eat or be eaten them days,.....5 of my brothers still lick their plates even now - sub conscious i guess

ONeill

I've 6 sisters and 4 brothers. Didn't know that was the diagnosis. Wonder is there treatment.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

There was a big family down the road from us. They all grew up skinny and dawny, except for Hughie, who had the proportions of a lesser Fearon. Nobody could never figure out why Hughie was so huge and the rest of them so scrawny, least of all their poor ould mother, who used to feed them well - she'd put them squatting on the floor with a spoon each around a big pot of porridge.

It was only years later that the mystery was solved. Hughie used to spit in the pot.