Previous topic - Next topic

???

Xbox360?
13 (50%)
Playstation3?
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Our Nail Loney

Right lads need a bit of advice... I am gonna have to get a new console since the new Grand Theft Auto isn't out on PS2 ffs

So heres my dilemma, Playstation 3 or Xbox 360?? Any advice on whats good, cheap, any deals about etc?? Cheers

thejuice

thinkin of selling my PS3, its just collecting dust, mind you its great, graphics are stunning on HD, but i dont have time for playing it.

i think you'll find the choice of games on PS3 dissappointing at the minute but MGS4 will be out this year as will Gran Turismo.

Have yet to play an x-box 360
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jack_Black

havent played the xbox ever

but have to say the PS3 imo is awesome, as the juice says the number of games isnt as good with the PS3 but i dont really need that many, i have only 3 games and that takes up all the gaming time i have.  got GTA4 on pre-order now which will take up alot more.

also a really good blu-ray player and upscales your DVD's.

el Chino

www.play.com is doing the xbox360 premium console plus gta4 for £200stg.  ive mine pre-ordered. theres free delivery to the north but don't no about the south.

thewobbler

Being honest, people who have PS3s are going to say PS3 and people who have Xboxes are going to sat Xbox. It's like McCarthy vs Keane, there's no give on either side.

I'm going to buy one myself next week for GTA IV, and have to say I can't look past the offer from Play.com that el chino has mentioned.

Bensars

I got the  xbox360 and impressed with it.

Got the firmware upgrade for it and now i can play copied games. Huge saving. £5 versus £40 for on shelf game.

The biggest advant the PS3 has over the xbox is the blu ray

take_yer_points

Quote from: Bensars on April 18, 2008, 12:23:06 PM
I got the  xbox360 and impressed with it.

Got the firmware upgrade for it and now i can play copied games. Huge saving. £5 versus £40 for on shelf game.

The biggest advant the PS3 has over the xbox is the blu ray

Is the firmware upgrade difficult? I've heard before that it can easily go wrong so I haven't wanted to try it in the past.

I have the 360 and would advise anyone to get it - though I can't compare it with the PS3 cause I haven't played it. The Gears of War and Call of Duty games are excellent - highly recommended!

Bensars

I left in for a fella to do.

Not to far from your place of work either.

Let me give you a clue, beside a pub that is the temporary home for one due to open shortly ;)

Our Nail Loney

I know what ya mean thewobbler about different people just preferring the other. I'm a huge Sony fan myself, have  PS1, PS2, PSP and a Sony mobile as well so safe to say they have me sucked in.

At first was def gonaa go for the PS3 but starting to lean.

Couple of things, with a HD lead does it work on any ordinary tv?? Also what exactly is blu ray??

nifan

Ive a PS3 and like it for all i play it - liing with herself means a lot less game time than when living with the lads.
Played the xbox as well and thought it was good too, but liked the blu ray in the ps3 and a few other things.

Am thinking of getting a wii as well for a bit of a change.

Jack_Black

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 18, 2008, 01:46:55 PM
I know what ya mean thewobbler about different people just preferring the other. I'm a huge Sony fan myself, have  PS1, PS2, PSP and a Sony mobile as well so safe to say they have me sucked in.

At first was def gonaa go for the PS3 but starting to lean.

Couple of things, with a HD lead does it work on any ordinary tv?? Also what exactly is blu ray??

what exactly do yo umean by ordinary TV, if it hasnt got a HDMI connection you will connect it with the coloured ended connectors which come with it. Blu ray is like a High definition Disc, it has recently won the war between it and HD-DVD. the picture quality is amazing when playing Blu-rays on the PS3.  (all above info is to best of my knowledge and can be corrected by whoever feel they know better) lol

corn02

Go for the Xbox Loney.

Simply for the online play, far better than PS3. Can you imagine you and a bunch of mooncats meeting each other in the middle of Liberty City?

GalwayBayBoy

I used to have a PS2 but upgraded to a 360. It's a great console. Huge selection of quality games. The online is very easy to use. Very user friendly. You can be playing people from around the globe in no time at all.

PS3 has a much smaller selection of games so far obviously as it's newer but it does have a blu-ray player although I'm not sure if that would persuade me to buy one as I'm in no rush to get a blu-ray player and will probably get a stand alone player when I do bother.

gallsman

Have played very few games on the PS3, but it is undoubtedly excellent. Greater choice of games would swing it towards 360 though for me.

Anyone got a clue about where the best place to get a decent Wii bundle is? Extra controllers, extra nunchuck, preferably Mario Kart? Have heard people taking about Amazon Germany before.

The Gs Man

Do you have to pay for the Xbox online gaming or am I just imagining it?  I know you don't have to pay any extra for PS3 online gaming.

Im contemplating getting an Xbox 360 as well and that play.com bundle seems sweet.
Keep 'er lit