Kilkenny Cats Web Forum

Started by G@@, April 16, 2008, 11:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

Anyone know why the www.kilkennycats.com forum is offline lately?
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

I am really surprised about that one... it was well visited and had loads of regulars.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

timmykelleher

Could it not be just for maintenance?

I guess the biggest danger to these sites is someone mouthing off about a particular player and then the website getting sued.

I know rebelgaa.com is strictly monitored and any kind of personal comments are removed.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

orangeman

Quote from: timmykelleher on April 17, 2008, 11:47:04 AM
Could it not be just for maintenance?

I guess the biggest danger to these sites is someone mouthing off about a particular player and then the website getting sued.

I know rebelgaa.com is strictly monitored and any kind of personal comments are removed.

I thought those lads were getting enough money without having to sue people ??  ;)

bottlethrower7

its run its course

the club section will be badly missed however. That was great for getting fixtures information.

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

bottlethrower7

From what I've heard, probably.

But not definitely.

The reasons that its down isn't anything to do with legalities or anything that forced it out of commission. It could come back. I'm just not sure it will (or needs to for that matter).

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 18, 2008, 10:24:32 AM
its run its course
I'm surprised at that?
I thought there was plenty of good debate once you stripped out the occasional Cork-Kilkenny-Waterford wind up debates.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 18, 2008, 02:06:27 PM
its run its course
I'm surprised at that?
I thought there was plenty of good debate once you stripped out the occasional Cork-Kilkenny-Waterford wind up debates.

probably a little too much stripping needed I reckon.

there are still plenty of places to talk about hurling if people want that.

seems to me though that the age of the internet discussion board (in GAA terms anyway) is past. Just my opinion of course

turk

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 18, 2008, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 18, 2008, 02:06:27 PM
its run its course
I'm surprised at that?

probably a little too much stripping needed I reckon.

there are still plenty of places to talk about hurling if people want that.

seems to me though that the age of the internet discussion board (in GAA terms anyway) is past. Just my opinion of course

The internet is dead - long live the internet!!

bottlethrower7

its back. I think BnaMona's little digs on another thread there forced them out of retirement.

long live the internet indeed turk.

I blame Brian Cowen

Bord na Mona man

I knew I'd get them going!
It is back, but only seems to work for Firefox?