Animal Liberation Front Website. Does it remind anybody of any thing

Started by Denn Forever, April 15, 2008, 11:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Shocked. 

As someone who would have some feelings on the subject (wooly liberal views), all they need a guns on the web page and it could be a recruitment poster for any illegal organbisation thet has or will exist in Northern Ireland.

Shocked
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

Agreed. That website would turn most people away.

http://www.animalliberationfront.com/

Is it some kind of disease that affects these people?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Puckoon

We deal with wackos like this on a regular basis. Protests outside the university and the pharmacuetical lab across the town.

One activist, went to far as to do a quick scientific journal search of faculty here at the department, from there he got their names - moved on from this and found their addresses and phone numbers and a face picture from our website. Posted each of them individually on some yahoo groups animal rights campain website and urged people to attack them.

Animal rights and cruelty is one thing - disrupting valid medical research, which has to pass the most stringent ethical testing in order to be approved is another.  I wonder what these people would do if their child needed drug therapy for cancer? Pass it up and let their child die because the drugs had to be tested on animals in the first instance??

Wankers the lot of them.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on April 15, 2008, 04:48:25 PM
We deal with wackos like this on a regular basis. Protests outside the university and the pharmacuetical lab across the town.

One activist, went to far as to do a quick scientific journal search of faculty here at the department, from there he got their names - moved on from this and found their addresses and phone numbers and a face picture from our website. Posted each of them individually on some yahoo groups animal rights campain website and urged people to attack them.

Animal rights and cruelty is one thing - disrupting valid medical research, which has to pass the most stringent ethical testing in order to be approved is another.  I wonder what these people would do if their child needed drug therapy for cancer? Pass it up and let their child die because the drugs had to be tested on animals in the first instance??

Wankers the lot of them.

Are humans not animals also?
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 08:29:39 PM
I don't know, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

No-one's debating the cause, it's their tactics and imagary.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2008, 08:32:38 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 15, 2008, 08:29:39 PM
I don't know, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

No-one's debating the cause, it's their tactics and imagary.

Their cause is more often than not flawed - many of them are mis-informed youths full of propaganda and rhetoric

J70

Quote from: Puckoon on April 15, 2008, 04:48:25 PM

Wankers the lot of them.

Agreed. While I'm all for doing away with animal testing for trivial crap like cosmetics research, there is no way of testing the effects of many substances, including drugs, without animals.

I've spent a bit of time in a zoology lab setting, and we used to get crap from the likes of these for things like advising and helping on hunting and culls, which are completely necessary management tools for many wildlife populations.

The most ridiculous thing I've heard from these guys where the group who released the 5000 farmed mink from their cages in England about 10 years ago (might even have been the same crowd). While I abhorr fur-farming (to the point that I would never go out with a woman who wore fur!), these idiots released 5000 exotic predators into the countryside, where they were going to either starve to death and/or decimate the local small animal populations!

Orior

Which reminds me of the old joke....

Q. How do women get mink?

A. The same way that mink get mink.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

The rampant and ignorant anthropomorphism of the urbanised population of today is a curse. Walt Disney has a lot to answer for. Many kids don't know where eggs and milk come from. And our Minister for the environment wants to ban horse racing!

Animals don't have rights - where did that nonsense come from? What next - vegetable rights? Humans have the responsibility to manage the animal population and to treat animals humanely and that's it. I think I'll stop now before this rant revs up any further.

AZOffaly

Did you read their forum? Good jaysus. They published a link to a website which names some chavs who killed a pregnant ewe, and encouraged people to take justice into their own hands.

It's sick what some scumbags do to animals, I hate cruelty to animals, but I have to say the website is a bit funny.