Running Shoes

Started by Minder, April 14, 2008, 10:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Lads i am looking for a good pair of running shoes, from what i have heard Asics seem to be the best about. What are the best sites for a decent pair?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

hitzelsperger

asics are quality as are mizuno and even brooks...the more money you pay the better quality you'll get. had a 40quid pair of asics, they were good but when i tried on 90quid pair it was like wearing socks, great comfort and very light weight...so if you want quality you'll pay, no matter what brand

Minder

Aye i found some ones on http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/search.asp that have decent discounts. I have been running (road running) with just normal leisure trainers and am sore as fcuk.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

hitzelsperger

i got mines in shop called up and running in belfast..they put you on treadmill and all, let you get a feel for the trainers for width etc, very helpful...road running probably suit asics or new balance best!

nifan

Quote from: hitzelsperger on April 14, 2008, 10:22:43 PM
i got mines in shop called up and running in belfast..they put you on treadmill and all, let you get a feel for the trainers for width etc, very helpful...road running probably suit asics or new balance best!

was in there today with a mate who gets shin splints - did the test and showed his ankle alignment was awful - gave him a new pair of runners and you could see the difference in the next video. Cost him 80 quid for the pair.
The guy helping was really good - in and out in 10 mins - and explained it all - what the effect of the  style was, how the runners compensated etc.

Puckoon

Mizuno, New balance and Asics.

Cant go far wrong with any of those.

Baile an tuaigh

I had a pair of astics before and found them most comfortable. However, if its long distance running you are doing brooks would be better. I would  also recomend getting  a size a half bigger. Astics have more movement but brooks hold your feet together much better. Gel inserts would also be a good idea and replace the original.

the green man

imtommygunn

Asics are good - again depends how much running you're doing. Some people recommend nike+ too.

If you're going to do a fair few miles maybe best go to a place like up and running as some people pronate and you can get trainers to correct that. If you go to up and running they'll do a gait analysis. It doesn't mean you'll have to spend 80 quid on trainers - it just means that you'll find out what kind of trainers suit you so will be less likely to get injured etc.

mannix

Asics Nimbus 9 are my current runners, have had the brand and  nimbus shoe for about 7 years now and love them.They may not suit everyones feet though so its trial and error, but cheap shoes today mean foot doctors bills tomorrow, they are poorly made and you get what you pay for.