Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To whom it may concern

Is the plank test not the one where u lie face down in a press up position and hold ur body off the ground, with your hands joined together??

heard snowy o'neill got 8 mins aswell...apparently he had the best fitness sores, with him finishing the bleep test tape altogether!!!

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

Quote from: gerry on May 07, 2008, 11:41:41 PM

8 minutes seems a lifetime

What does this show ?

That you have strong arms ? Stomach muscles ? Legs ? Or what ?

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on May 08, 2008, 10:19:57 AM

What does this show ?

I think the new buzz word is core stability  :D

I dont think Ardboe teams of previous decades employed such training practice  :D

Fuzzman

I haven't saw this Snowy O'Neill play?
What's he like?

Tall/Small?
Strong or fast?
Accurate or workhorse?

Why do you reckon he wasn't so good in the NFL
Remember how good Penrose was when he came into NFL team

No word on Tommy then?
Is Omagh all ticket for Down game?

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 08, 2008, 12:01:52 PM
I haven't saw this Snowy O'Neill play?
What's he like?

Tall/Small?
Strong or fast?
Accurate or workhorse?

Why do you reckon he wasn't so good in the NFL
Remember how good Penrose was when he came into NFL team

No word on Tommy then?
Is Omagh all ticket for Down game?

Snowy wouldnt be that overly tall probably wouldnt be 6ft, He is fairly quick but wouldnt say he is lightening fast.

Tommy is still injured - hamtring.

I tihnk its an all ticket game in Omagh.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

8 minutes? I'll give that a go tonight and time myself. I'm thinking.... 8 seconds.

Anyway, the sun is baking down and the day's are longer. The bird's are singing and everyone's happy. I'm beginning to get Championship fever now :)
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

From Irish Indo
Mulligan hammer blow for Red Hand prospects
Tyrone attacker Owen Mulligan is a doubt for the Ulster SFC opener against Down next month.

Mulligan is struggling to overcome a hamstring injury picked up during the National League back in March. He sat out Cookstown's mid-week league game against Galbally this week.

The former All Star and double All-Ireland winner was approaching top form when he suffered the injury in the first half of the Red Hands' league win over Laois on March 15.

Mulligan missed Tyrone's remaining three games of the campaign, and his current situation remains a worry for manager Mickey Harte. His absence from the frontline would be a serious blow to the Red Hands' championship prospects.

Otherwise, Harte's squad is slowly returning to full fitness. Brian Dooher and Joe McMahon, who played no part in the National League, have returned from lengthy injury lay-offs to play with their clubs in recent weeks.

Progress

And Brian McGuigan, having played his first full game in two and a half years against Mayo in the final league game of the campaign, continues to make progress after his injury setbacks.

Tyrone Dreamer

Would be very hard to predict the Tyrone team for this game even if there was no injuries to contend with (which is highly unlikely). If you looked at the last league game then you'd say it would be something like below with a number of positions up for grabs (I've put players also strongly in contention for the positions in brackets):

P McConnell
R McMenamin
Joe McMahon (Justy McMahon)
M Swift (M McGee/PJ Quinn/McCaul)
D Harte
C Gornley
P Jordan
E McGinley
C Holmes (K Hughes/Justy McMahon/Joe McMahon)
B Dooher
B McGuigan
R Mulgrew (R Mellon/C Cavanagh/T McGuigan)
C McCullagh
S Cavanagh
O Mulligan

Think McCullagh will get his place in the forwards for his free taking. Dont think Id pick Mulgrew but Harte seems to be a big fan. Also wouldnt be sure about Holmes but he showed well in the last league game so may get the start.

Its never easy to predict a Harte team and Cavanagh could easily be in midfield with Hub and a full forward line of McCullagh, Mulligan and either Tommy McGuigan or Colm Cavanagh.

ziggysego

Mulligan's out of the Down game with a Hamstring injury.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

I thought he was only doubtful according to recent reports, didnt see anywere or havent heard any word that he was definately out. Wonder how serious it is, seems strange for a hamstring injury to keep someone out from early March to 8th June. He did come on in one of Cookstowns games so maybe he has hurt it again, would be a big blow to the forward line.

orangeman

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 08, 2008, 11:19:57 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 08, 2008, 10:19:57 AM

What does this show ?

I think the new buzz word is core stability  :D

I dont think Ardboe teams of previous decades employed such training practice  :D

:D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    I ownder could we get this girl in to demonstrate the required technique ?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

redcard

QuoteI ownder could we get this girl in to demonstrate the required technique ?
Quote from: ziggysego on May 10, 2008, 09:46:35 PM
I bet you'll be watching very closely orangeman ;)

He's hardly able to spell with the thought of it Ziggy  :D