Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imdagaffer

can we watch that game anywhere on tv in full?

Some game.....

western exile

Quote from: Uladh on June 15, 2008, 10:10:01 AM

Jesus lads, ye wond a first round match. lay off the glue for another couple of weeks

As usual Uladh, you are only half correct.  Down also won an epic.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: western exile on June 15, 2008, 02:45:24 PM
Quote from: Uladh on June 15, 2008, 10:10:01 AM

Jesus lads, ye wond a first round match. lay off the glue for another couple of weeks

As usual Uladh, you are only half correct.  Down also won an epic.

Against the reigning ulster champions and one of the favourites for the all ireland. Would Armagh celebrate a win over tyrone?

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 15, 2008, 11:43:06 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 15, 2008, 11:03:18 AM
Congratulations to Down - the glory days in Tyrone are well and truly over.

Didn't last long, 2003 to 2005 or 2006 at a stretch.

2001-2007 actually, and 1997-2007 if you include the silverware Mickey's side has accrued.

2001 - Ulster
2002 - NFL
2003 - NFL, Ulster, Sam
2005 - Sam
2007 - Ulster
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I just hope Mickey has one last big win before he bows out. July 19th gives the squad time to settle in terms of injuries, hopefully. Unfortunately there are too many leaks in his system, including personal relationships, tactical decisions and preparation issues. Too may sides are on the up now in terms of general competence and preparation and Tyrone are struggling to hold their own in the top 6.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rav67

Quote from: To whom it may concern on June 15, 2008, 01:36:16 PM
I watched both teams come out for extra time; this epitomised the two games in a nutshell: Tyrone trooped out, Down sprinted out, heads up...this was after Tyrone mounting an amazing comeback to force this extra time...it should have been the other way around, Down should have been dejected that they didn't put Tyrone away in normal time; Tyrone were on a roll, there was no spring in their step

Sure didn't Tyrone put four points on at the start of extra time so I don't think it can be as easily explained as this.

Quote from: To whom it may concern on June 15, 2008, 01:36:16 PM
I worry about the hunger and mentality in the camp, i fear they are sick of Harte's voice...the story goes that Mickey spoke at length to Joe McMahon fri night, yet couldn't directly tell him he was on the team until lunchtime sat...Joe's attitude going into the game was, when i spoke to him,- "I'm on anyway, don't know about rest, but couldn't give a f**k anymore"- Joe performed accordingly....he brought disdain and contempt to the tyrone jersey with that shocker of a performance and open goal miss...cheers joe

If Joe is reading this and remembers who he said this to I'd say he'll be rightly pissed off with you

ziggysego

Quote from: Donagh on June 14, 2008, 10:24:25 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2008, 10:18:12 PM
Wireless phones Jody. One of these new fangled things. Don't think it'll catch on though.

Ziggy don't mean to gloat or anything, but...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6859.45

Hehe...

Yeah well... shut up  >:(

:D
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

Harte made some bad calls last night but still think the team/supporters should stay behind him as we're still in the championship and nothing would be achieved by changing management. I dont think any other manager would have done any better given the injury situation. How we get on in the qualifiers depends a lot on the attitude of the players and whether they have the hunger to have a good stab at it. Its suprising what a couple of wins on the trot in the qualifiers could do for the team. If everyone was fit I think I'd freshen the team up a bit for the qualifiers. Tommy has to be on to take the free's. I'd go with this:
J Devine
McCaul
Joe McMahon
Swift
Ricey
Gormley
Jordan
Justy McMahon
S Cavanagh
Mellon
T McGuigan
McGinley
McCullagh
Mugsy
Penrose

That would still leave McGuigan,Dooher and Colm Cavanagh to throw in during the second half.

the milkman

Peter Canavan, Hugo Duncan, O'Neill, Jerome Quinn, WJ Dolan, Michaela Harte, Brian Dooher, Malachi Cush, Plunket Donaghy, Fay Devlin,Jody Gormley, Adrian Logan, Fergal Logan, Aaron Hughes, Jimmy Cricket, Dominic Kirwin, Dennis Taylor, Tyrone Dobbs, Ziggy Zuko.........ZIGGY ZUKO CAN YOU HEAR ME??????

YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON ARMAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangeman

Quote from: the milkman on June 15, 2008, 05:43:19 PM
Peter Canavan, Hugo Duncan, O'Neill, Jerome Quinn, WJ Dolan, Michaela Harte, Brian Dooher, Malachi Cush, Plunket Donaghy, Fay Devlin,Jody Gormley, Adrian Logan, Fergal Logan, Aaron Hughes, Jimmy Cricket, Dominic Kirwin, Dennis Taylor, Tyrone Dobbs, Ziggy Zuko.........ZIGGY ZUKO CAN YOU HEAR ME??????

It was some hammering alright ! ;D

Puckoon

To whom it may concern - thats a terrible allegation against Joe McMahon.

Maybe i missed this yesterday, but what was the reason for Brian McGuigan not featuring at all?

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 15, 2008, 05:42:32 PM
Harte made some bad calls last night but still think the team/supporters should stay behind him as we're still in the championship and nothing would be achieved by changing management. I dont think any other manager would have done any better given the injury situation. How we get on in the qualifiers depends a lot on the attitude of the players and whether they have the hunger to have a good stab at it. Its suprising what a couple of wins on the trot in the qualifiers could do for the team. If everyone was fit I think I'd freshen the team up a bit for the qualifiers. Tommy has to be on to take the free's. I'd go with this:
J Devine
McCaul
Joe McMahon
Swift
Ricey
Gormley
Jordan
Justy McMahon
S Cavanagh
Mellon
T McGuigan
McGinley
McCullagh
Mugsy
Penrose

That would still leave McGuigan,Dooher and Colm Cavanagh to throw in during the second half.

I simplt can't see how Tommy ended up top scorer after being put on with 12 minutes left  - MH will never start a game without Dooher - If Brian Mc Guigan is fit, he'll start as well.

red hander

Quote from: the milkman on June 15, 2008, 05:43:19 PM

No, 0-23 to 1-05 in an Ulster Final replay is a 'hell' of a beating, a 1 point loss after two epics and extra time most certainly is not ... but congrats to Down, they were the better team over the two games and deserved it ... really looking forward to Down v Armagh

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on June 09, 2008, 01:48:42 PM
I know club football and county football are two different things but surely there are better midfielders in Tyrone today than what we have on the replacements bench - surely we need to start to think outside the box ? Drastic situations can sometimes mean drastic sloutions ? What's wrong with calling in some of these men now ? Even if we beat Down on Saturday, we'll need them going forward.

I hate to say this but I told you so ! Cleaned out in the middle and one of best footballers in Ireland standing scratching himself and pleading with the line to bring him out the field ???????????

And then Hub !

orangeman

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 15, 2008, 05:57:59 PM
Quote from: orangeman on June 15, 2008, 05:54:52 PM
[Cleaned out in the middle and one of best footballers in Ireland standing scratching himself and pleading with the line to bring him out the field ???????????

I thought Coulter looked quite happy in the full forward line  ;)

You weren't as chirpy all year 5 times so enjoy it ......................................... ( while it lasts ! )  ;) ;) ;) ;)