Dublin Vs Meath

Started by Jinxy, April 13, 2008, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Anyone want to venture a starting line-up for Sunday week?

Am I right in say we'll be missing the following?

1. brendan murphy (serving an eight week suspension)
2. niall mckeigue (serving an eight week suspension)
3. nigel crawford (serving an eight week suspension)
4. shane mcinerney (serving an eight week suspension)
5. seamus kenny (serving an eight week suspension)

6. peader byrne (serving a four week suspension)
7. caoimhin king (serving a four week suspension)
8. darren fay (serving a four week suspension)

9. shane rourke (injured)
10. anthony moyles (injured)
11. brian farrell (maybe)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

1. R Nolan? (who's our sub goalie?) ???
2. C McGill
3. M Lyons
4. E Harrington
5. C O'Connor
6. K Reilly
7. S Sheppard?
8. B Meade
9. M Ward
10. G Reilly
11. C Ward
12. A Nestor
13. Brayer
14. Big Joe
15. GG

F*ck me that was hard going. :o
Anyone know the squad going to Portugal?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Well I hope Ricky Nolan gets a start, he was our sub goalie all last year, whether someone else is in there now I dont know. Dont know who's got a seat on the plane to Portugal but some were hinting at the inclusion of Brian Sheridan after he kicked 0-7 against Cavan at the weekend.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thebandit

Quote from: Jinxy on May 07, 2008, 01:47:00 PM

7. S Sheppard?

Geraghty knows him  ;)

Jinxy

Brian Sheridan has great hands and is very accurate but that old bugbear of mine PACE rears its head again. Quite similar to the big bro.

agorm

Quote from: Jinxy on May 07, 2008, 01:47:00 PM
1. R Nolan? (who's our sub goalie?) ???
2. C McGill
3. M Lyons
4. E Harrington
5. C O'Connor
6. K Reilly
7. S Sheppard?
8. B Meade
9. M Ward
10. G Reilly
11. C Ward
12. A Nestor
13. Brayer
14. Big Joe
15. GG

Was Michael Ahern from Dunshaughlin not the sub goalie in the national league?

Jinxy

I thought having Mick Lyons at full back would raise more eyebrows. Maybe we should give it a whirl. He could still do a job!

Jinxy

From Hoganstand.com.

O'Shaughnessy defends himself against Meath claim
09 May 2008

Long-serving County Wexford official Joe O'Shaughnessy is unhappy that anyone might question his integrity following suggestions that as a Wexford man he should not have been involved in the CCCC's case against 'The Meath Five.'

Meath have lodged an objection to the eight week suspensions issued to five of their players following the melee in the NFL Division 2 game against Dublin, based on the Wexford official's presence on the original Central Competitions Control Committee that propsed the bans.

While Meath have said they do not belive that O'Shaughnessy had an agenda, they argue that since the suspensions could keep their players out of a possible Leinster quarter-final against Wexford, if Meath beat Carlow first, then this breaks the GAA's 'conflict of interest' rules.

O'Shaughnessy, while refusing to get drawn into much comment on the matter, did say, "I can assure everybody that I am above any underhanded sort of stuff. Something the Meath lads should be conscious of is that they have a long way to go before they even get to play Wexford, as they must play Carlow first."

Meath it seems are not letting the issue rest and feel that they can exploit a loop-hole in Rule 144 (u), which states that 'a member of the CCCC or CHC who is a member of any unit, or has a role in relation to any member, team or unit involved in the proceedings shall stand down if prosecuting or adjudicating the case."

I can just picture him muttering "and I hope the b*stards are bet" under his breath after that bit. ;D

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on May 09, 2008, 10:01:16 PM
From Hoganstand.com.

O'Shaughnessy defends himself against Meath claim
09 May 2008

Long-serving County Wexford official Joe O'Shaughnessy is unhappy that anyone might question his integrity following suggestions that as a Wexford man he should not have been involved in the CCCC's case against 'The Meath Five.'

Meath have lodged an objection to the eight week suspensions issued to five of their players following the melee in the NFL Division 2 game against Dublin, based on the Wexford official's presence on the original Central Competitions Control Committee that propsed the bans.

While Meath have said they do not belive that O'Shaughnessy had an agenda, they argue that since the suspensions could keep their players out of a possible Leinster quarter-final against Wexford, if Meath beat Carlow first, then this breaks the GAA's 'conflict of interest' rules.

O'Shaughnessy, while refusing to get drawn into much comment on the matter, did say, "I can assure everybody that I am above any underhanded sort of stuff. Something the Meath lads should be conscious of is that they have a long way to go before they even get to play Wexford, as they must play Carlow first."

Meath it seems are not letting the issue rest and feel that they can exploit a loop-hole in Rule 144 (u), which states that 'a member of the CCCC or CHC who is a member of any unit, or has a role in relation to any member, team or unit involved in the proceedings shall stand down if prosecuting or adjudicating the case."

I can just picture him muttering "and I hope the b*stards are bet" under his breath after that bit. ;D
[/b]

What a laugh - there's nobody that is independent in the GAA - not even the programme sellers !! Not even the chip van man !  ;D ;D

Jinxy

Good win for the minors in Parnell Park this afternoon. Meath 0-14: Dublin 0-10 after E.T. Meath played most of the 2nd half with 14 men.

thejuice

Looks like a good win, nice to see local lad, Mark Battersby do well and get on the scoresheet too. Who do we get in the Semi's?

EugeneGeraghty

Just heard on LMFM that the five Meath lads are going ahead with appeal to the DRA

thejuice

Quote from: EugeneGeraghty on May 20, 2008, 11:13:34 AM
Just heard on LMFM that the five Meath lads are going ahead with appeal to the DRA

Waste of time if you ask me,

magpie seanie

Don't think its a waste of time. The DRA looks like the only place where the rules are actually adhered to strictly in the GAA these days.

Jinxy

Dead right. Most of them did nothing to merit a 2 match suspension.