Dublin Vs Meath

Started by Jinxy, April 13, 2008, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 23, 2008, 05:30:09 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 23, 2008, 04:58:04 PM
Sure there was one on Sunday in Crossmaglen - I haven't heard the long list of suspensions arising out of that one yet

Funny this was mentioned a day or so ago and nobody said a word about it.
Surely there was someone reading this thread who was at the game and can clarify?

There was plenty of ye at the Dubs game, or do ye only go to the free games  ;)

Would it not be in the referees report if there was a brawl?
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Jinxy

Quote from: heffo on April 23, 2008, 05:28:48 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2008, 05:03:55 PM
Sure I know. What happens if somebody take a case to the DRA about selective application of the rules?

If Dublin or Meath were to do that then they'd be savaged in the press for not 'accepting their medicine'..

Some of the Dublin and Meath players have indeed accepted their medicine but a number from both sides have also requested personal hearings. Dead right too. You can't just give a fella a 2 month suspension for grabbing hold of someone FFS. Bizarrely enough, Bernard Brogan is apparently one of those appealing his suspension.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on April 23, 2008, 05:48:07 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 23, 2008, 05:28:48 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 23, 2008, 05:03:55 PM
Sure I know. What happens if somebody take a case to the DRA about selective application of the rules?

If Dublin or Meath were to do that then they'd be savaged in the press for not 'accepting their medicine'..

Some of the Dublin and Meath players have indeed accepted their medicine but a number from both sides have also requested personal hearings. Dead right too. You can't just give a fella a 2 month suspension for grabbing hold of someone FFS. Bizarrely enough, Bernard Brogan is apparently one of those appealing his suspension.

For once I agree with you. Some of the players on both sides are dead right to ask for personal hearings, if only to see what evidence is against and how exactly their name was drawn from a hat.

Can't see what grounds Bernard 'Haymaker' Brogan has for appealing though

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: AFS on April 23, 2008, 07:26:51 PM
Sure there was one on Sunday in Crossmaglen - I haven't heard the long list of suspensions arising out of that one yet

Surely there was someone reading this thread who was at the game and can clarify?

There was plenty of ye at the Dubs game, or do ye only go to the free games  ;)

The 'brawl' in Cross only involved about 6 or 7 players, not 29. It was an absolute non event. Just a couple of fellas shouldering each other, hardly even a push or two in the middle of it, never mind any punches. To compare it to events in Parnell Park is ridiculous. Where did this comparison arise from? Anyone that saw the two incidents would know know better. Smacks of some Dub/Meathman clutching at straws.

So are the disciplinary rules only to be applied for incidents involving more than a certain number of players?

his holiness nb

The 'brawl' in Cross only involved about 6 or 7 players, not 29. It was an absolute non event. Just a couple of fellas shouldering each other, hardly even a push or two in the middle of it, never mind any punches. To compare it to events in Parnell Park is ridiculous. Where did this comparison arise from? Anyone that saw the two incidents would know know better. Smacks of some Dub/Meathman clutching at straws.

Wasnt comparing, was asking for more details about it.
Ask me holy bollix

heffo

According to the Indo:

"Up to 20 players also got caught up in a melee in the NFL game between Armagh and Cork at Crossmaglen in a surprising melee, considering this game, "

The Independent is a fine and balanced paper that always remains objective and never engages in hyperbole.

crossfire

There wasn't one punch thrown in Crossmaglen

Jinxy

You don't have to throw a punch to get suspended. Apparently.

heffo

Quote from: AFS on April 23, 2008, 11:16:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 23, 2008, 10:02:04 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stir shit or advocating any sanctions against either team, but if approx 8 players from Dublin & Meath are going to be banned for a month, allegedly for contributing or involvement in a melee, then they're justified to ask for a personal hearing and point out the inconsistency..

According to the Indo:

"Up to 20 players also got caught up in a melee in the NFL game between Armagh and Cork at Crossmaglen in a surprising melee, considering this game, "

The Independent is a fine and balanced paper that always remains objective and never engages in hyperbole.

:D. Anyway the Armagh Cork game was so lacking in intensity that it would have been a 'suprise' if there was a tackle in the first 60 minutes. After that there was a bit of make-up bags ( :-\ tried to find a metaphor for something smaller than a handbag) but nothing like the other game. The 'brawl' was such a non event that even Didier Drogba would have been embarrassed to go down in the middle of it.

INDIANA

if the game is on tv there are sanctions- if not there aren't. it;s unfair but that is the way it's always been as the use of video evidence if available is allowable. i'd really prefer if our management would shut the fook up now and just take the bloody bans. of the 4 2month bans only bernard brogan and ciaran whelan could be described as regulars. if we haved any ambitions of challneging kerry then we should stilll be able to beat louth. i wouldn;t bother my arse appealing a 4 week ban to play in a nothing game on saturday, they won't know until sat whether they can play which mentally will hardly be any preparation for them.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on April 24, 2008, 11:05:56 AM
if the game is on tv there are sanctions- if not there aren't. it;s unfair but that is the way it's always been as the use of video evidence if available is allowable. i'd really prefer if our management would shut the fook up now and just take the bloody bans. of the 4 2month bans only bernard brogan and ciaran whelan could be described as regulars. if we haved any ambitions of challneging kerry then we should stilll be able to beat louth. i wouldn;t bother my arse appealing a 4 week ban to play in a nothing game on saturday, they won't know until sat whether they can play which mentally will hardly be any preparation for them.

If you really want to add to the siege mentality, appeal, get the appeals thrown out and then say : I told you they're all out to get us !!!!!!!

Bensars

Quoteif we haved any ambitions of challneging kerry

You would nearly think Kerry have beat you in the last 3 All Ireland Finals. Your ambitions should should be be challenging  (and beating ) a few teams  down the pecking order.

FFS its 13 years since Dublin were in the All Ireland final.

heffo

Quote from: Bensars on April 24, 2008, 11:12:41 AM

Quoteif we haved any ambitions of challneging kerry

You would nearly think Kerry have beat you in the last 3 All Ireland Finals. Your ambitions should should be be challenging  (and beating ) a few teams  down the pecking order.

FFS its 13 years since Dublin were in the All Ireland final.

Under Pillar:

we've been beaten by the winners in 2005 and beat everything else out of sight that year - gone out in the Qtr final
we've been beaten by the finalists in 2006 and thrashed every other team we played
we've been beaten by the winners in 2007

To say that we should be challenging and beating teams further down the pecking order is exactly what we have been doing, so to not have ambitions of competing with Kerry and whoever else lays down a marker this year, is a tad ridiculous..

Jell 0 Biafra

More to the point: Kerry are the current champions.  They're the team to challenge.

Jinxy

If Dublin can figure out how to control their aggression and focus it into the game itself, they'll definitely be head of the pack chasing after Kerry.