Dublin Vs Meath

Started by Jinxy, April 13, 2008, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Fair enough, doesn't look as bad on the video but if a dub says he whacked him, who am i to argue.

Don't Panic

Jinxy

I think Whelo should be made play without those big white gloves. You wouldn't know what he has in there.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on April 21, 2008, 12:35:35 PM
sitting across from it- he lamped him. byrne hit him a nice one beforehand though- it's no excuse though whelan should know better.
Dont think thats a fair description. He caught him with the side of his hand/wrist - it wasnt with the knuckles. It was more of a push than a punch. Kenny's exaggerated reaction just made it seem much worse. Still, technically a red card offence alright.

passedit

I'd say it's one of those distress signal transmitters so Pilar can find him when he goes missing during the big games.  ;)
Don't Panic

Jinxy

Quote from: Hound on April 21, 2008, 12:45:25 PM
sitting across from it- he lamped him. byrne hit him a nice one beforehand though- it's no excuse though whelan should know better.
Dont think thats a fair description. He caught him with the side of his hand/wrist - it wasnt with the knuckles. It was more of a push than a punch. Kenny's exaggerated reaction just made it seem much worse. Still, technically a red card offence alright.

Get one of your workmates to push you in the face with their hand/wrist so. I'm sure it feels like being tickled with goose feathers.

orangeman

I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of one of his punches then, if that only constituted a push !

wherefromreferee?

On another note - it was great to see Stephen Cluxton standing his ground.
In your Endo!

Bensars

It wasnt with the knuckles so its not as bad  ::)      :D :D :D

corn02

Just seen the highlights on Youtbe, was not exactly the war I was expecting.

One point, how was it done the frontal charge just before Whelan got sent off. That was a red card offence for me.

Seriously though. These confrontations disrupt Dublin alot more than their opposition. Caffery is a tactical idiot in my mind.

Serious point otDub posters, do you think he tells them to get stuck in as such  before a game?

orangeman

Quote from: corn02 on April 21, 2008, 01:16:40 PM
Just seen the highlights on Youtbe, was not exactly the war I was expecting.

One point, how was it done the frontal charge just before Whelan got sent off. That was a red card offence for me.

Seriously though. These confrontations disrupt Dublin alot more than their opposition. Caffery is a tactical idiot in my mind.

Serious point otDub posters, do you think he tells them to get stuck in as such  before a game?

You can't be serious Corn 02 - the gospel according to Pillar is to get stuck in, kick the dung out of the opposition and hopefully their superior physical and mental strength will see them through.

I know a lot of Dubs have faith in Pillar cos he's delivered 3 Leinsters in a row but I do think it has cost them an AI.

Jinxy

Just thinking, if we had snatched a late win, the play-off re-match would have been some craic!  :o

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 21, 2008, 01:26:49 PM
Just thinking, if we had snatched a late win, the play-off re-match would have been some craic!  :o

It would have to have been held behind closed doors !  ;)

Bensars

The Man has been shown to be a tactical buffoon in the heat of crunch championship games.

This has been a style that Dublin have been developing over the last 3-4 years. In fairness i think they had too, however i feel that they have taken it too far. To their detrement.  The over physical ,aggressive, trash talking conduct appears to be worn like a badge of honour. The Eqivilent to the GAA asbo, that has to be demonstrated if ever questioned.

Dont Matter

Ban the Dubs now!!!!! They are ruining the GAA. How many more incidents will they be involved with this year? It was bad enough when they had a load of scum bags in the crowd but now they're on the pitch also. This cant go on.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

orangeman

Quote from: Bensars on April 21, 2008, 01:32:46 PM
The Man has been shown to be a tactical buffoon in the heat of crunch championship games.

This has been a style that Dublin have been developing over the last 3-4 years. In fairness i think they had too, however i feel that they have taken it too far. To their detrement.  The over physical ,aggressive, trash talking conduct appears to be worn like a badge of honour. The Eqivilent to the GAA asbo, that has to be demonstrated if ever questioned.

I think they had a good enough team to win the AI - they probably could and should have won it in 2005 and maybe 2006 as well.