Gnevin

Quote from: orangeman on April 21, 2008, 12:06:58 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 21, 2008, 12:04:53 AM
Quote from: full back on April 20, 2008, 11:55:21 PM
The team are a bit like the fans
Fans turn up late, get game delayed
Players think they can box their way to an AI

As for the "Battle Of Croke Park" , very few punches thrown there gnevin
;D Classic, where do you cowboys leave the horses?

Come on Gnevin - I know it's late but you can do better than that !

Next year, we're getting the riot police in to Omagh so that we won't get the heads beat off us like last time !!  ;) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D
You heard it here first ,yet a other historic gaa moment

PSNI to police first GAA game! ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

full back

You have to admit it gnevin
The Dubs think they are a law onto themselves

INDIANA

Pillar as the head man sums up their ethos as a county. Full of bluster and attitute but fairly shit.
true o neill a bit like mickey harte when he's trying to sell ahouse. ;D ;D ;D ;D

i'm getting tired of it as well- we will be lambasted in the papers again- and it's an unhealthy distraction in my view.

Gnevin

Quote from: full back on April 21, 2008, 12:13:23 AM

Too right sure don't we fund the vast majority of the association. And sure when your the main bread winner some laws can bend . ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

Quote from: full back on April 21, 2008, 12:13:23 AM

I have to disagree. Dubs have no concept of law/rules. Think of Redmond in 95. However, having revised my initial recommendation, it'd be better for Dublin to stay in the Championship. It's a bit like England getting knocked out of the World Cup. No matter how badly your own county has fared, you'll still have the satisfaction watching a group of overrated (by their own media) prima donnas exiting the championship, harping on about the good ole days last century. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Looks like being a watershed year for Dublin in any case. They appear to be in siege mentality mode - and its not just Pillar and some players, others like the Stats man and Talty seem to encourage this mindset. Thing is they may well be on the right track. It ll take a really strong referee to make tough decisions against them in Croke Park in championship. And they will of course push it to the limit - and who could blame them if they think it s their best approach to winning Sam. They dont usually have to go on the road so making Croke Park as intimidating as fcuk for opposition and officials increases their chance of doing so. From a pure footballing ability perspective they would nt really be in the shake - up and I suspect that they know that.
How many of ye would fancy Dublin to win in places like Omagh, Ballybofey, Killarney, Tuam, Castlebar, Clones or Cork on a championship Sunday? If this current strategy does not prevail this year then its the end of Pillar, though its unlikely that the next manager will stray too far from the current template.

full back

A shower of dirty hoors

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Kilmainham's too good for them.

ONeill

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2008, 12:30:41 AM
Kilmainham's too good for them.
???
Kilmainham is a place where our great patriots are remembered.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: ONeill on April 20, 2008, 11:50:41 PM
So, gnevin - the daz challenge is now handbags. Make up your mind.

As I stated, the GAA must act on Dublin if they're serious about discipline. Throw them out of the championship.

You must have forgot to mention you think the GAA should throw out Meath too, right? 

Or was it only Dublin players you saw involved today?

stephenite

There have been too many incidents like this from Dublin over the last few years, and I really think that the Manager has to bear responsibility for this. It seems that Pillar has them wound up too tightly without the smarts to teach them how to control their agression - fine line between controlled agression, toughness etc. and all out brawls. Their disciplinary record over the last 3-4 years would not be a pretty read (don't have the stats to hand)

Dublin have some fine footballers and I think with a different manager most of these players would have at least one All Ireland medal by now - but they appear to wilt under sustained pressure in games that they should be winning, especially in the championship, the word has been out these last number of years on how to beat Dublin, get them even more wound up than Pillar has them and they'll lose the head.

Barney

There is something nasty about this Dublin set-up that could see them implode again before the year is out.

The pity is as many have said here they have some excellent footballers, and provide great entertainment but the taunting, off-the-ball hits, brawls, attitude of management etc etc is representative of everything that is bad in the GAA.

The supporter throwing "a full cup of tea" (how did RTE know that?) on to the pitch is a sc**bag who should be banned from the GAA but should also face criminal charges. Of course the Dubs management were able to stoop to the same level a year or two ago throwing water at supporters from the sideline.

You would have to imagine more suspensions will follow. Mayo and Meath had 15 banned. Tyrone and the Dubs had 10/11 banned if I recall correctly. In my mind the best step would be to award the Division 2 title to Westmeath. It is a meaningless game anyhow and would send out a warning sign to all teams that championship expulsion will be the ultimate sanction.

And on the football side of things the two points Dublin "picked up" against Cork were the crucial points in their promotion. Of course they may have beaten them but there desparate away record may have meant a defeat.

Roll on Summer Sundays.

Hound

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2008, 12:20:13 AM

Think of Redmond in 95. [/quote]

A tyronie still crying about 95! Class  ;D