Dublin Vs Meath

Started by Jinxy, April 13, 2008, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on April 17, 2008, 09:34:53 AM
Heard it's already on the parnell park dublin dresing room already jinxy. rumour has it that mark vaughan has been seen jogging around blackrock listening to the eye of the tiger wearing a t-shirt inscribed  "who's a headless chicken now jinxy". Ciaran Whelan has been seen wearing a baliffs outfit with a special pair of white gloves inscribed -"we're coming for your gaf jinxy" WE don't do getting beaten in parnell and sunday will be no different. ;D ;D ;D

Like a headless chicken....
If you were any use you'd be playing.

EugeneGeraghty

Quote from: Jinxy on April 16, 2008, 02:26:37 PM
No Alan Brogan, dodgy full back line, Vaughan running around like a headless chicken etc. If it wasn't for the number of injuries we have I'd put the house on a Meath win.

Edit: I don't actually subscribe to the above view and it has failed miserably in drawing any Dubs out of the woodwork so I am now abandoning ship. We are decimated with injuries, Dublin by 5. >:(

It made it on to Res Dubs, predictably they fell for it hook, line and sinker

Jinxy

Ah, the ResDubs. The gas thing is most of them would probably agree with me (even though they'd never admit it). The little scamps. ;D

his holiness nb

Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2008, 12:20:59 PM
Ah, the ResDubs. The gas thing is most of them would probably agree with me (even though they'd never admit it). The little scamps. ;D

Some man Jinxy, giving out on here when no-one replies to you and laughing at the lads on resdubs who do!  ;)

Dubs by 3, Vaughan to play well and score the first goal.
Jinxy to be shocked and horrfied, ala Vaughans last game V Meath  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

Hope the referee is well versed in the square ball rule and doesn't disallow any perfectly good goals by either side.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2008, 07:34:30 PM
Hope the referee is well versed in the square ball rule and doesn't disallow any perfectly good goals by either side.

Sure Colm O'Rourke is well versed in how to go through someone and have the goal stand - get him to have a quiet word with GG, on how to foul your man and have the goal stand.

Sure failing that and in the unlikely event of GG or any of the other forwards boxing their man twice after the ball is gone, you'll have Keyser talking it down in the Indo.

heffo

Dublin team v Meath: Cluxton,Henry, McConnell, Andrews, Moran,Cullen,Brennan, Fennell, Whelan, McManamon,Quinn, Flynn, Sherlock,Keaney,B Brogan

Jinxy

Hound

Ryan and O'Shaughnessy considered not fit enough to start. Whether they'll be on the bench or not, I'm not sure. Disappointed Diarmuid Connolly isnt starting, but this team confirms that Caffrey will stick with playing only 5 forwards for the year.

INDIANA

hard to say- depends on what team meath will put out. it's an experimental line-out in certain areas of the pitch. looks like connolly will be impact sub at best in the summer despite being the most gifted forward in the county. caffrey just doesn't trust him. think it's a bit of a strange line-up to be honest for this game- it'll be interesting to see wht way it lines out.

Jinxy

Meath - B Murphy; N McKeigue, D Fay, S McAnarney; S Kenny, C King, E Harrington; N Crawford, M Ward; G Reilly, G Geraghty, P Byrne; S Bray, J Sheridan, C Ward.

We are lacking a bit of pace in that full forward line. Big Joe on McConnell should be an interesting tussle. Not sure if King is accountable enough for centre back but I'm glad to see him given a run there.

Hardy

We're getting closer to last year's championship team with every game. This seems to indicate that we haven't found any potential championship talent in the course of the league. It seems all we've done is lost some depth from the bench with the departure of McCarthy, McLoughlin and McGuinness. It's particularly disappointing that we seem to be approaching the championship without having done anything to fix up our midfield. In fact, losing McCarthy is a move in the opposite direction, if anything.

It's hard to see what's going to be different, never mind better, this year than last year. What do you think lads?

INDIANA

i think you'll beat us on sunday jinxy- that's a hell of  agood forward line on sunday. i think our selection is experimental to be honest and i don't see us winning in keeping with our gneral attitude towards the league.

Jinxy

Its what I would call a good "league" forward line. If the pitch is a bit heavy, and conditions aren't great it's made for the likes of big Joe and Cian Ward. But come championship I honestly don't think we could afford to have the 2 of them playing in the same line. Too slow.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
Its what I would call a good "league" forward line. If the pitch is a bit heavy, and conditions aren't great it's made for the likes of big Joe and Cian Ward. But come championship I honestly don't think we could afford to have the 2 of them playing in the same line. Too slow.

I was just gonna ask you about Cian Ward - he didn't have much of an impact in the rest of championship after the first Dublin game.

Is he as good as Colm O'Rourke makes out?