Drink with Painkillers

Started by stiffler, April 11, 2008, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Does anyone know the truth about taking alcohol whist on painkillers? I have heard that it makes you drunk twice as quick, although i think that may be a little excessive.

Im for Liverpool for the weekend, and am currently on painkillers after spraining my ankle last nite, I dont wanna go teetotal all weekend, but i dont wanna be legless either. Is it safe to take a few casual pints, or should i leave the painkilers behind?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggysego

Don't mix. One or the other mate.

So what you want? A few drinks to relax or.. well pain?
Testing Accessibility

full back

Leave the painkillers behind stiffler

Minder

The thing is stiffler my oul china if you get enough juice down your throat you wont feel the pain from your ankle. Smirnoff is the finest painkiller known to man.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stiffler

Yea, think i'l stay of the drink tonight, then give the painkillers a miss for the rest of the weekend.

Does anyone know is it ok to bring crutches onto an easyjet flight?

ziggysego

Quote from: stiffler on April 11, 2008, 04:21:13 PM
Yea, think i'l stay of the drink tonight, then give the painkillers a miss for the rest of the weekend.

Yes. Tell them when you are checking in and they will point you to ServiceAir.
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

Quote from: ziggysego on April 11, 2008, 04:26:54 PM
Quote from: stiffler on April 11, 2008, 04:21:13 PM

Yes. Tell them when you are checking in and they will point you to ServiceAir.

Ive already checked in online, should be grand id imagine.

T O Hare

stay off the painkillers!!!!
drink and drugs dont mix :o
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ziggysego

Just head to ServiceAir anyway. I'm assuming you are flying from the International.

ServiceAir is just at the edge of the check-ins, before you head through to the corridor that takes you to Departures.

Anyway, I'm about the International tomorrow morning. If you see me, say hello! :)
Testing Accessibility

Mickey Linden

U have no expeeience! Get on the drink surely! A sprained ankle is the least u deserve for playing foreign sports anyhow lol

T O Hare

what would the great frank do.. your asking advice.. catch a g!rip.. this is a pointless thread.. your gonna get hammered.. Expeeeeience my feck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

stiffler

thats it decided.......painkillers taken on board today, then painkillers of a liquid variety for the rest of the weekend :D

ziggysego

Quote from: stiffler on April 11, 2008, 04:41:43 PM
thats it decided.......painkillers taken on board today, then painkillers of a liquid variety for the rest of the weekend :D

Only thing I'm thinking.. you mightn't be allowed them on the plane. You'll have to chec k when you get to the airport.
Testing Accessibility

harlechman

Speaking from experience I would have to say leave the painkillers behind and the hit the soup! Was on anti-imflammatories a while back, went on the beer a few nights, got very drunk and sick on not that much drink...I put it down to the medication especially after some questions from the lads about my ability to drink! They dont mix well at all.

ildanach

it depends on the pain killers prescribed.
of the over the counter drugs: paracetamol or ibuprofen- won't affect drinking
anything codeine based- drink should be avoided.
prescription medicines are different so would need to know the name of drug
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.