Dublin v Collingwood

Started by Tadhg_Kennelly, April 10, 2008, 05:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadhg_Kennelly

I heard that these two teams are going to have a game at the end of the season.

I don't know the details but does anybody know for sure how this is going to work?

Would it be like the International Rules setup?

If so, I would like to see Dublin smash Collingwood.

I hate Collingwood with a passion. lol

corn02

I would imagine you do, how you getting on over there anyway?

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2008, 09:04:25 AM

I would if I lived in Ireland!

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2008, 09:04:25 AM

Corn he's from Lurgan ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

his holiness nb

Meant to be a way of easing the international rules back in.

Clever IMO, there wont be such an outcry nationwide if  a few dubs get bashed around.
I imagine "taste of their own medicine" would be bandied about. Then hey presto, Ireland V Australia next year.
Ask me holy bollix

heffo

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 10, 2008, 01:07:23 PM

Clever IMO, there wont be such an outcry nationwide if  a few dubs get bashed around.
I imagine "taste of their own medicine" would be bandied about. Then hey presto, Ireland V Australia next year.

Expect an announcement in the next few days about the International rules going ahead in Oz this October..

stephenite

Quote from: heffo on April 10, 2008, 02:24:09 PM

Expect an announcement in the next few days about the International rules going ahead in Oz this October..

Serioulsy Heffo? That's fantastic news for us exiles that are based down under

heffo

Quote from: stephenite on April 10, 2008, 11:31:59 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 10, 2008, 02:24:09 PM

Serioulsy Heffo? That's fantastic news for us exiles that are based down under

Thats my info from a normally reliable source. There are a couple of sticking points but all the journalists who were outraged in October 06 missed their 3 week all expenses paid junket last year and have changed their tune.

Sure even the ones who's papers won't pay for them to go, get private sponsorship from bookies or whoever to pay for the trip..

heffo

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/brennan-to-wrap-up-rules-details-1349051.html

GAA President Nickey Brennan hopes to have final details of the International Rules series rubber-stamped within a few days.

A decision to revive the series was taken last year with the Irish squad set to go Down Under in October.

"The Australians were in contact with me last week saying they were still trying to finalise venues but it's still on target for October," Brennan said.

"Venues are not 100pc sure because there are other events on out there at the same time. I really need to get it wrapped up this week because we have to get started on the logistics (of the trip) and we also have to organise the next All Stars tour."

Brennan also confirmed that the All Stars tour would go ahead whether or not a sponsor is secured.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Tadhg_Kennelly on April 10, 2008, 05:25:27 AM

I don't know the details but does anybody know for sure how this is going to work?

First question why do you hate collingwood?
Secondly are you the real tadhg Kennelly :o?

I love Aussie rules, been watching last 5 yrs and really love it. Collingwood are my team black/white like Sligo. ;). I had a aussie mate when I worked in London (essendon fan) and he hated collingwood too. He said there widely disliked and I never was told WHY?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stiffler

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2008, 05:37:20 PM

I love Aussie rules, been watching last 5 yrs and really love it. Collingwood are my team black/white like Sligo. ;). I had a aussie mate when I worked in London (essendon fan) and he hated collingwood too. He said there widely disliked and I never was told WHY?

Collingwood are the biggest team in AFL,biggest support etc. the team every other afl fan loves to hate. They are the AFL equivalent of Man utd, hateful hoors  :P
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Tadhg_Kennelly

I hate Collingwood because their supporters are a group of bunch of ferals. I went to Collingwood v Sydney last year in Round 21, had the worst time ever. :O

Mainly because of their fans, seem so arrogant, I don't know why when their team are underachievers in the last 50 odd years.

But having said that, I do know some pretty cool Collingwood people though.

No, I am not Tadhg Kennelly, just a huge fan of him, and the Sydney Swans mate.

illdecide

Quote from: Tadhg_Kennelly on April 17, 2008, 04:37:32 AM

I hate Collingwood because their supporters are a group of bunch of ferals. I went to Collingwood v Sydney last year in Round 21, had the worst time ever. :O

Mainly because of their fans, seem so arrogant, I don't know why when their team are underachievers in the last 50 odd years.

I was watching them last night and they played well. I see Tadhg is loosing the hair ;) the we Friar tuck :D

C'mon the Swans
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: illdecide on April 17, 2008, 09:26:44 AM

I was watching them last night and they played well. I see Tadhg is loosing the hair ;) the we Friar tuck :D

C'mon the Swans

Thanks for the info, I dont know any collingwood fans but I am loyal and wouldnt jump ships now, I always keep an eye out for the irish lads aswell, big fan of tadhg meself, great full back for the swans and did brilliant when they won the grand final except that jig ::).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 17, 2008, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 17, 2008, 09:26:44 AM

C'mon the Swans

Thanks for the info, I dont know any collingwood fans but I am loyal and wouldnt jump ships now, I always keep an eye out for the irish lads aswell, big fan of tadhg meself, great full back for the swans and did brilliant when they won the grand final except that jig ::).

Tadhg Kennelly isn't our full-back mate, he plays on the half-back flank. That's usually a different role to a full-back. Our full-back is Leo Barry or Craig Bolton depending on the match up.