The Masters

Started by Mickey Linden, April 08, 2008, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 10, 2008, 12:39:22 PM
Can anyone tell me who has live coverage of it. I know BBC have interactive of AMEN corner but Setanta look like they only have it from 9.00 this evening same as BBC, surely not?
that's nothing to do with Setanta or the BBC, its all to do with the old fogies in Augusta. For gawd knows what reason, they only allow live TV coverage (in the US as well as everywhere else) from 1600 to 1900 (Eastern Standard Time) on Thursday and Friday. So Irish time, thats 9pm until midnight. Live coverage starts at  8.30pm Irish time on Saturday and 7.30pm on Sunday.

AZOffaly

I think they only allow the back nine to be covered? Is that right? used to be the case anyway. There's live video on http://www.masters.org from 10.45 EST, which is 3.45 I think.

Square Ball

Myp2p's coverage doesnt start until 5 today
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 10, 2008, 01:16:04 PM
I think they only allow the back nine to be covered? Is that right? used to be the case anyway. There's live video on http://www.masters.org from 10.45 EST, which is 3.45 I think.
They allowed some coverage of the front 9, for the first time, in either 06 or 07. Not sure if it was a one-off or permanent.

Coverage of Amen Corner is also on BBCi (i.e. press the red button) from 3.45pm, which is a nice bonus for those of us who have that facility.
Full coverage does start one hour earlier (i.e. 8pm) on that website.

Sausalito Bay

You'd wonder could they not start at 8 and show an hours highlights first, instead of eating into the live time with highlights which is what usually happens.

Hound

Quote from: Sausalito Bay on April 10, 2008, 01:30:46 PM
You'd wonder could they not start at 8 and show an hours highlights first, instead of eating into the live time with highlights which is what usually happens.
I think each broadcaster is only allowed show 3 hours coverage on the Thursday and Friday. Whether they choose to show live or highlights is up to themsevles, but they can't go over the 3 hours.

Meanwhile, morning mist has delayed the start by half an hour...

Doogie Browser

Meanwhile, morning mist has delayed the start by half an hour...
[/quote]

Thats good news for the TV coverage later on, allows us a wee bit more time to see more of the field 'live' on the past few holes.

stew

The augusta big wigs are almost as bad as the shower than run Co Down. I hope Woods and Singh finish first and second, nothing like realizing you are not in fact part of the master race to wake you up to the fact that Blacks are every bit as good and your average white anglo saxon protestant. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Lord I detest Vijay. Would hate to see him win.

Have a wee punt each way on harrington.

Poulter with a hole in one already this morning! :o

Square Ball

Justin Rose moves to the top of the leaderboard at -4.he was 2 over after 4 holes and -4 after 13
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

Was taught not to hate but I hate the look of thon Rose balax.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossie11 on April 09, 2008, 02:22:28 PM
Someone looking for big outsider could have a look at Jerry Kelly.
5th last year top 20 twice. going ok this year
200/1
Zach won @ same price last year!!!

think he is up near the top of the leaderboard after the 1st day Rossie
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Homer

http://www.attblueroom.com/sports/masters/player.php

Simultaneous live coverage of Amen Corner and the 15th and 16th holes.  :)

the Deel Rover

just wondering how the ew works in golf for e.g if -5 wins the tournament and say there are 3 tied at -4 and 7 tied at -3 will you get paid with your bet if he finishes at -3 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rossie11

Deel if they are paying the 1st 5 you will get paid but you wont get 1/4 the odds.
It depends on how many are tied. The more there are the less you get.
One of bookies guys on here will know the exact formula.
Long way to go yet to be worrying about your 200/1 shot!!