Should Irelands athlete's boycott the Olympic Games

Yes
No
Don't Know

Fishbat

Quote from: stephenite on April 09, 2008, 05:25:40 AM
Quote from: Fishbat on April 08, 2008, 10:56:06 PM
On a sidenote - dioes anyone actually enjoy the summer Olympics anymore

No, it's a pile of shite from start to finish.

Apart, of course, from the womens synchronised swimming - fantastic underwater camera work

Apple Top

The women's beach vollyball ain't bad either.

muppet

So basically the Olympics is Senderos except for the chicks?
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

The RTE Olympic panel have also been great entertainment as well as a fountain of knowledge.

Apple Top

Quote from: muppet on April 10, 2008, 06:23:41 PM
So basically the Olympics is Senderos except for the chicks?

Yip, sure it's all pure bollocks, who has the most undetectable drugs in their system, I say let them kill themselves with drugs at least everyone would be on an even footing.  Not one winner of a track and field or swimming competition will have been drug free, they are all cheats and it's all bollocks.

Pangurban

Olympic competitions have no credibility left, they are a huge money spinner for commercial interests, and a huge waste of money for the countries involved ie the poor benighted tax-payers. Corruption wins the gold, Pharmaceuticals the silver and Hypocrisy the bronze.Anyone concerned about sport, human rights or social justice would be seeking abolition instead of a silly boycott

Hurler on the Bitch

All ye feckers who have developed a conscience about China.. where were ye when the troubles were on? .. blah blah blah.. go and join SDLP Youth (ALEX ATTWOOD IN GUDDIES) and protest about Burma, Tibet etc.....EASY TO BE OFFENDED FROM 8000 MILES .. bit like the lead singer of U2 ....WISE UP !

Mentalman

Nothing like a bit of well reasoned debate...
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Zapatista

Quote from: Mentalman on April 11, 2008, 10:40:57 AM
Nothing like a bit of well reasoned debate...

I was very close to replying to that one myself ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on April 10, 2008, 11:35:18 PM
All ye feckers who have developed a conscience about China.. where were ye when the troubles were on? .. blah blah blah.. go and join SDLP Youth (ALEX ATTWOOD IN GUDDIES) and protest about Burma, Tibet etc.....EASY TO BE OFFENDED FROM 8000 MILES .. bit like the lead singer of U2 ....WISE UP !

how do you know who here was / wasnt involved in protest during the troubles?

Ask me holy bollix

stew

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 11, 2008, 01:39:57 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on April 10, 2008, 11:35:18 PM

how do you know who here was / wasnt involved in protest during the troubles?

He doesnt, that would take thought and asumptions are easier to make.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Zapatista

John Gormley has fairly pissed off the Chinese. Angry Chinese people make me laugh :D

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?