Mediums and speaking to the dead

Started by Minder, April 07, 2008, 09:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Lads my missus is hell bent on going to see one of these fraudsters, her Granda died a month ago. I have told her they will do nothing but part you with your money. Has anyone had any experience of them?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Useless shower. Sure if they were good they wouldn't be called 'medium' :D

Minder

She said her friend went and told her stuff "nobody else would know"......she was probably a fecking private detective in her spare time !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Con artists preying on the desperate and the gullible.

ziggysego

I don't believe a word of it. I know people who went and found great peace from it.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: ziggysego on April 07, 2008, 09:41:19 PM
I don't believe a word of it. I know people who went and found great peace from it.

The wife went and the aul bitch basically toul her I was a cnut!
I believe in them hardcore. :D

They are charlatans all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

Quote from: stew on April 07, 2008, 09:56:06 PM

The wife went and the aul bitch basically toul her I was a cnut!

Must be something in it afterward all  :D
Testing Accessibility

heganboy

QuoteSure if they were good they wouldn't be called 'medium'
That made me laugh...

Whats this about you being cute on the other thread?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

pintsofguinness

I don't know, isn't there cases of ones giving information about where bodies are buried and that?
Most though are just very good con artists.

I went to a fortune teller a few years ago (hereself took me along, we weren't going out long, I was still trying to impress her and be nice).  She did tell me stuff she wouldn't have known but only one thing she told me about the future came true.  She did tell me I was going to have two girls and a boy but so far so good on that front.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

I went to a fortune teller in Belfast, somewhere the CastleCourt. What a freaky fella. He had all these stuffed monkey, dressed as samurai warriors.

Anyway, he could me I was going to become a hermit and all my social interactions would be via the Internet. I would cut off all tie would people around me.

Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Quote from: heganboy on April 07, 2008, 10:00:43 PM
QuoteSure if they were good they wouldn't be called 'medium'
That made me laugh...

Whats this about you being cute on the other thread?

huh?

pintsofguinness

QuoteAnyway, he could me I was going to become a hermit and all my social interactions would be via the Internet. I would cut off all tie would people around me.

See, pure nonsense!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

When these people demonstrate their so-called psychic abilities under controlled experimental conditions, where they cannot pick up cues from the people they're suckering or don't have any opportunity to do background research and the subjects are shown that there is something other than random chance to their predictions, then maybe I'll think there is something to it.

heganboy

[/quote]

huh?
[/quote]

Grinds my gears thread from last week- some client called you cute?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

Just watch Darrin Brown. He stages these things all the time and exposes them for the tricks they really are.
Testing Accessibility