Author Topic: Keoghan should walk!  (Read 30853 times)

cavan4ever

• View Profile
Re: Keoghan should walk!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
There are some good young players on the team but they are being let down by a very poor management who haven't a clue.  Yesterday there was only one forward in the subs which is a joke at this level.

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
I'd say there is some element of truth in that max - Cavan dont have enough good players to be in the top tier, but I think what the lad said is that they shoul dbe at least good enough to compete in div two - right now apart from the Dublin game that was on TV, they have by all accounts been whipped and made look like schoolboys.

I'd also had reservations about keoghan taking the reigns, and thus far, he does not seem to be adequate.
Cavan imo have sever discipline problems as well as being light on top level talent.
A well trained combined cohesive and unified squad would undoubtedly put up better performances.
I think all Cavan folk would yearn for that right now, and see then how things could be progressed afterwards.

Keoghan is a rookie finding his way, and this learning curve is impeding Cavan's perf.
Its worse for Derry imo, as we have real talent and like Cavan , the manager's severe limitations are hurting our chances to win anything.

cavan4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 12:12:07 PM »
The moment i knew that keogan had to walk was when he started organising lock ins in the imperial, Im not that well clued in on other counties but i can safely say that no other senior inter county manager would be organising lock ins for his player to stay drinking til 6 in the morning.

Also the players must have no respect for him, he drops guys off the panel and then they are back on the panel the nxt day, eg mackey was dropped off u21 panel on sunday before championship game for not goin to training and then on monday he was back in. reason mackey didn go trainin was because he was on the beer (had bn at a lock in orhanised by Keogan the nite before)

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:04 PM »
The drinking that is going on is a disgrace aswell.  I doubt if any other manager drinks with his players after Saturday night games till 5 or 6 the next morning.

Are you saying that this is happening in Cavan ?? If so, this is not acceptable behaviour from a IC manager.

cavan4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »
see above post, he organises lock ins for players in his own night club!!

cavanmaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »
I'd say there is some element of truth in that max - Cavan dont have enough good players to be in the top tier, but I think what the lad said is that they shoul dbe at least good enough to compete in div two - right now apart from the Dublin game that was on TV, they have by all accounts been whipped and made look like schoolboys.

I'd also had reservations about keoghan taking the reigns, and thus far, he does not seem to be adequate.
Cavan imo have sever discipline problems as well as being light on top level talent.
A well trained combined cohesive and unified squad would undoubtedly put up better performances.
I think all Cavan folk would yearn for that right now, and see then how things could be progressed afterwards.

lynchbhoy is far closer to the truth there Max, I know you have a cracked record running there about delusional Cavan fans over estimating their players and minors and so on, but with proper management we'd have held our own in Division 2. Look how close we got with even a buffoon in charge for God's sake...

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »

I know you're new to the board but this allegation is outrageous and I think you should consider them more carefully before pursuing them. If they're right and he is organising "lock ins" for his players after league matches, then he should consider his postion, but somehow, I can't really accept this and believe that this is an exgaggeration.

Maybe they go for a meal afterwards or something like that - but a lock in ??????? No way !

feetofflames

• "You dont scare me, that could be anyones ass"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 01:06:39 PM »
Is this a newcastle untd thread?
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
Is this a newcastle untd thread?

Looks like it !  ;D ;D ;D

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »
I know you're new to the board but this allegation is outrageous and I think you should consider them more carefully before pursuing them. If they're right and he is organising "lock ins" for his players after league matches, then he should consider his postion, but somehow, I can't really accept this and believe that this is an exgaggeration.

Maybe they go for a meal afterwards or something like that - but a lock in ??????? No way !
to be fair OM, if you knew keoghan and his rep, youd be like me - not be surprised in the slightest if this was true , and suspect it was !

cavan4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »

It's true orangeman and it isn't just the odd time after every Saturday evening game this year except the Cork game there has been a lock-in.  The reason there wasn't one after cork game is that they are on a drinks ban from before then till the championship.  I believe after the Cork game our great leader was walking aroung the nite club slapping himself on the back.  He hasn't a clue and the people who put him there don't either.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 02:01:27 PM »

to be fair OM, if you knew keoghan and his rep, youd be like me - not be surprised in the slightest if this was true , and suspect it was !

Then he should never have been appointed in the first place ! Those who appointed him should go instead !!!!!!!!!!

cavan4sam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
i no 100% for a fact first hand that this is true and i could tell far worse but i won't. Just beacause im new to the board does not mean that i don't know what im talking about. The Saturday night after the Meath match there was a lock in in the imperial in cavan town.

mylestheslasher

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »
Well lads - the lock in is true cos I know a lad or two on the panel. It is common thing for the lads to go on the beer after a game on Saturday and stay as long as they like with the blessing of the manager. Mr Mackay was set to play U21 championship game the wednesday after the lock in. He went on the beer on the sunday too and when found out was kicked of the panel only to be recalled sometime before wednesday and make an appearance as a sub. Cavan have some very good young players. Some have great attitudes and ability. Some have represented Ireland against Australia at underage. These players are pissing against the wind trying to succeed playing for Cavan the way things are going. Mr Keoghan has been in court more times than Al Capone on drink driving, assaulting garda, breaking licensing laws (these were all reported in the press before anyone starts talking about libel). I am not even going to go into the other stuff he does be at which is even worse. He has not won 1 championship game with Cavan at minor, U21 or Senior. We might not have the best team and we may only be capable of competing with the 2nd tier of teams but a manager is responsible for getting the best out of the players at his disposal and managing how that happens. This guy has shown, as the majority of football people knew from day 1, that he is just not capable. He is making a bad situaion worse. As the other Cavan people have said he hasn't even managed a club team and our county board entrusted him with our minors and then seniors/U21s. Now I have not even gone into the total lack of tactical knowledge which would take me another 1000 words. Lets just say that I've seen more know how on the line in U12's. The guy should do the decent thing and leave before the supporters vote him out.

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »
Jesus ;ads if this is right, why was this not highlighted BEFORE he got the job ??????