Author Topic: Keoghan should walk!  (Read 29995 times)

boojangles

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn!
    • View Profile
Keoghan should walk!
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:56:45 PM »
Donal Keoghan has not got a clue as a manager and I think he should walk or be pushed before we get embarressed in Ulster again!
Think this topic deserves its own heading!
anybody agree?

orangeman

• View Profile
Re: Keoghan should walk!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »
Donal Keoghan has not got a clue as a manager and I think he should walk or be pushed before we get embarressed in Ulster again!
Think this topic deserves its own heading!
anybody agree?

FFS - Don't be as bad as the arseholes in Roscommon !

boojangles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »
This is an opinion and discussions board,thats my opinion.Tell me how Cavan are better served by Donal Keoghan as manager for another 6 months,if you dont agree with me?

BallyhaiseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »
Donal Keoghan OUT

well said Boojangles,

the man hasnt a clue.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »
Keep Donal Keoghan in!!!

In all seriousness, this is a bit harsh.

boojangles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »
2 Cavan posters on this thread and both agree Keoghan should walk.2 non-Cavan posters say No.Id like to hear their reasons on why he should stay??

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 11:27:13 PM »
Because I'm from Antrim. :)

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 11:29:32 PM »
Hold on a minute - just because Maughan was got rid of by Roscommon please let's not turn the GAA into a soccer style thing, whereby managers are dunged out just bacuase a few results go against them - Cavan are probably just going through a lean spell in terms of players etc - last week when you beat Cork, everything was great but not now ??? Catch yourselves on !

LAST WEEKS HEADLINES :
There was great relief and elation amongst the Cavan players, management and supporters at the end of last Saturday evenings 29th of March NFL victory over Cork in the Division 2 encounter played at a wet and windy Kingspan/Breffni Park, Cavan

THIS WEEKS HEADLINES :
Keoghan should walk !

BallyhaiseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »
doesnt matter if hes there or not anyway hardy, this year is a write off and Antrim will no doubt beat us.

the only management experience he was was as a county minor manager in which he done nothing

hes never managed at club senior level,

he has no background in Sports Science/Physical Training/Sports Coaching

He has no tactical knowledge

why the F**K is he there?

DONAL KEOGHAN OUT!!!

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 11:40:32 PM »
doesnt matter if hes there or not anyway hardy, this year is a write off and Antrim will no doubt beat us.

the only management experience he was was as a county minor manager in which he done nothing

hes never managed at club senior level,

he has no background in Sports Science/Physical Training/Sports Coaching

He has no tactical knowledge

why the F**K is he there?

DONAL KEOGHAN OUT!!!

Antrim probably will if you go out with that attitude - but here's a question - how can you beat Cork ( who made the AI final last year ) and expect to get beat by Antrim in the championship - Crok beat Monaghan this weekend !!!!!

I don't understand where you're coming from here.

boojangles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »
Orangeman you cop yourself on.This is not Soccer.If you could be arsed to read any previous posts of mine I always said Keoghan should never b in the job.We would have been better off getting beat by Cork,NO points in the League might have snapped the County Board into action.No Experience,No Ideas,No awareness.The summer is another write-off with this man in charge.
Cavan have good enough players to compete in Division 2 and Ulster,we have as good a players as Monaghan but the difference is the Manager.And McElkannon who we got rid off!

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »
Orangeman you cop yourself on.This is not Soccer.If you could be arsed to read any previous posts of mine I always said Keoghan should never b in the job.We would have been better off getting beat by Cork,NO points in the League might have snapped the County Board into action.No Experience,No Ideas,No awareness.The summer is another write-off with this man in charge.
Cavan have good enough players to compete in Division 2 and Ulster,we have as good a players as Monaghan but the difference is the Manager.And McElkannon who we got rid off!

1. I know it's not soccer and I hope we don't turn it into soccer - just cos Maughan was got rid of, we don't need to imitate the soccer men by doing the same whenever a county is going through a lean spell.

2. You'd have been better getting beat by Cork ?? Can't believe you're saying that.

3. Who got rid of Mc Elkennon ? Was it Keoghan ?

Hollow Man

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 12:11:40 AM »
For non Cavanites, here's the scoop:

Keogan is a night club owner in Cavan town - who played a bit for Cavan back in the early nineties. He has a bit of a reputation, warranted or not, arond th county. He is in his forties and can be seen in his own nite club very often.

He also had a high profile court case recently for drink driving and giving guff to Guards etc, but he got off it. A Mickey Harte type inspirational figure he is not.

However, the man is a millionaire and sponsors a lot of clubs in the county. Up until a couple of years ago, Keogan was putting thousands of euro into the Cavan senior set up per year. At that stage, the county board had employed a succession of outside managers at a huge financial cost.

After the McElkennon tenure, we had reached a very low ebb and the rumour - I have to stress that I don't know the ins and outs - is that Keogan more or less gave the Co board a ultimatum that he would take the job gratis.

Having never managed even a senior club team before, he then brought in Grimley (at his own personal expense according to the rumours), but the year was destroyed by poor management and totally illogical decisions.

This year, he dropped some players without even ringing them while calling back others who were on the panel for years before he dropped them in his first year. It's as if he's making it up as he goes along.

So, to say this is like Maughan is completely wrong. A lot of Cavan supporters resent the whole situation and perceive our poor form to be a direct result of a lack of discipline.

cavan4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
The drinking that is going on is a disgrace aswell.  I doubt if any other manager drinks with his players after Saturday night games till 5 or 6 the next morning.

Maximus Marillius

• My name is Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »

Thats the problem your players are not good enough and and only a Cavan man would even have the brain cell to suggest ye are as good as Monaghan. Your results and performances consistantly continue to prove how far removed from reality that you live. Should Keogan go...I have no idea...know nothing about him....but an honest measure of common sense about yer own team would not go a miss either.