Technical Question

Started by Orior, April 06, 2008, 02:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I produce a newsletter in MS Word 2003 and then paste it into Outlook Express 6 to issue it.

There is a table in the newsletter, and its pastes okay into the Express editor (in html format).

The problem is that some email recipients get the following text in the first cell of the table:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The rest of the email is okay.

Any ideas?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Is there anyway when your printing a spreadsheet off the computer that you can print it with all the lines and columns on it?
For example I want to print it so I can use it as a document to record values in it afterwards,but when I print it all the columns that you see on the computer screen don't show up on the printed page..I dunno if I'm explaining myself correctly  :-\
I'm using Open Office btw.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Worker

yes there is a way i don't know off hand, im sure someone on hear will be able to fill you in

Denn Forever

If that is anything like MS Excel, there should be a Page Layout option?  There may be an option to Print Gridlines in the Sheet Options.  Hope you get sorted.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Boycey

Tools>options>appearance

Its in there somewhere

The Real Laoislad

Can't find anything to change it  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Ok sorted now,thanks fellas
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Boycey

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 12, 2010, 06:59:03 PM
Can't find anything to change it  :-[
Haven't got openoffice here, doing this from memory.

Try format>page>sheet is there an option to highlight gridlines maybe??

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bud Wiser

It depends on what you are publishing but for what it is worth this is what I do.  I prepare the yoke in Word and then I log on to PDF File Converter and convert and save the file as a PDF file.  Then I attach the PDF File because anyone can change data from Word or Excel and forward it to someone else. A nudder quick way of doing columns and lines if you are using Vista is Snipping tool of the section of spreadsheet and just save it as a jpeg and then lob it into the Word doc before converting to PDF.

http://www.freepdfconvert.com/
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Denn Forever

I have a simple word document.  In Print Preview, everyting is there.  When I print it out, no text comes out even though it sounds as if its printing.

Got a new printer cartridge.  Did self test and and it printed.  But it won't print the document.  Whats up?
means what he says...

Goldengreen

Is it a colour printer??

Did you just replace the black cartridge and not the coloured ones.

Some of these colour printers will print black by combining the coloured ink and not use the black ink. And maybe you are out of coloured ink.

Try in your Printer Properties on the computer, set it to print in Black and White, that usually ensures it will use just the black ink.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Goldengreen on October 14, 2010, 03:43:06 PM
Is it a colour printer??

Some of these colour printers will print black by combining the coloured ink and not use the black ink. And maybe you are out of coloured ink.

Try in your Printer Properties on the computer, set it to print in Black and White, that usually ensures it will use just the black ink.

Its a Dell All in One A920.  It indicates that the black cartridge is full and the colour one is one third full.

I print out the test page i.e. the one with the Arrows etc with a black banner at the top and it prints this (after a fashion i.e. not perfect but I just want black).

So I conclude that the printer cartridge is contacting the paper.  But when I print a Word Document or Word Pad, nothing.

Its driving me mad. 

Print preview shows text and the text is black (I thought for a while that the text font was white hense you couldn't see the printed words.

Its driving me mad!
means what he says...

cookstownblue

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 15, 2010, 02:17:11 PM
Quote from: Goldengreen on October 14, 2010, 03:43:06 PM
Is it a colour printer??

Its a Dell All in One A920.  It indicates that the black cartridge is full and the colour one is one third full.

I print out the test page i.e. the one with the Arrows etc with a black banner at the top and it prints this (after a fashion i.e. not perfect but I just want black).

So I conclude that the printer cartridge is contacting the paper.  But when I print a Word Document or Word Pad, nothing.

Its driving me mad. 

Print preview shows text and the text is black (I thought for a while that the text font was white hense you couldn't see the printed words.

Its driving me mad!

Having the exact same problem at the moment with the exact same printer. Anyone out there help us two fools?