Tir Eoghain -v- Maigh Eo - Sunday 13th April

Started by ziggysego, April 06, 2008, 01:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

It does appear that the Harte/O'Neill situation is irreparable so that leaves us with what we have on offer on Sunday plus Mulligan in terms of scoring threat. Just can't see where the big individual scores are coming from. But was thinking that this doesn't necessarily have to be a burden. Kerry have reached the latter stages with a plethora of players chipping in regularly. No Kerry player made the top 7 scorers last year, none in top 6 in 2006.

gaagaa

i like (yuk  ;D) the look of the tyrone team this weekend
i think they could do the business

orangeman

Sunday's result isn't the end of the road - it's just the end of the league - it's what happens betwwen Sunday and June that really matters in terms of preparation, recovery from injury etc etc

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2008, 07:06:04 PM
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

But what if the trawler is fishing for mackerel?
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

QuoteTraining match, A vs B, Trial games - all the same things, and we all know that. Is he going to attend training matches, A vs B etc. He doesn't need to tell you, me or anyone else but for the love of God can he tell either John O'Mahoney, Tommy Lyons or Kieran Gallagher.

I'm in no way trying to be glib or insulting about Ciaran or his situation but the sooner a decision is made the sooner this sort of will he/won't he chatter in every dressingroom, pub and kitchen the length and breadth of the county will stop and the lads that are involved can get on with concentrating on the challenges for the championship season ahead.

There is of course the conspiracy theory that O'Mahoney doesn't want Mac playing for Mayo for whatever reason and if this is the case equally JOM should let Ciaran and the rest of us know

Very interesting post, Stephenite.
I think you have summed up all the aspects of the will he or won't he return saga here.
A big complication here is the fact that we are talking about two very strong-willed characters; both tend to play the cards very close to the chest.
O'Mahony took an extraordinarily long time to accept the Mayo job and I don't buy into the excuse that he was taking time to consider his involvement in the last general Election campaign. With candidates like Kenny and Mickey Ring on the ticket, could he ever expect to become a TD without the feel good support of Mayo's football followers?
I feel a lot of eye-balling went on behind closed doors with Waldron, Feeney and the likes that we will never know about. Indeed, there is no need to keep us informed either but we can be sure O'Mahony won't be letting us know what went on.
Same applies to the Kilcullens, clubmates of his, and their absence from the team panel.  Johnno doesn't go around discussing his affairs in public.
The same applies to Mac. Probably only the man himself knows what his next move is going to be.
Earlier this year, before the league began, Johnno did say (in the Mayo News) that he had been in telephone contact with Ciaran and would be kept appraised of his medical progress. This was just the briefest of statements.
I'd imagine that the recent "invitation" to take part in a trial game had little or nothing to do with Mac's ability to play to the standard necessary but was an ultimatum to either join up or depart the scene.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Uladh

At the risk of getting a bollocking - Is Cavlan still kicking ball for the Clarkes and could he not still do a job for tyrone?

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2008, 04:38:11 PM
I don't think Justin'll start. McCaul might get his chance yet.

You must have an inside track O'Neill - Mc Cual is in for Mc Mahon ! I hope he does well after all the posts I've had supporting him.  ;) :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's (Mc Caul) starting a number 3, is this for definite?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Donagh

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2008, 10:11:56 PM
Mickey Harte, on his phone, laughing at the boxing.

Saw Mickey in Castlebar. Do you think the Tyrone Fixtures Booklet has a typo?

orangeman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 12, 2008, 08:47:00 PM
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's (Mc Caul) starting a number 3, is this for definite?

Definite

Fear ón Srath Bán

Is Justin Mc injured om, or is Damien Mc getting a deserved run out (had to happen sooner or later, too good to be left perpetually on the bench)?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

You missed 'Art' at the end of the conversation.

orangeman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 12, 2008, 11:11:24 PM
Is Justin Mc injured om, or is Damien Mc getting a deserved run out (had to happen sooner or later, too good to be left perpetually on the bench)?

Unfortunately we've picked up yet ANOTHER injury and Mc Caul is his replacement !

How come all the injuries lads - it's a real epidemic and seems highly contagious !  :( :(

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Cant see Mickey throwing McCaul in at FB, maybe more likely Gormley will play there and McCaul at centre half back? Very happy that McCaul is finally getting a run but again it seems strange to not give him a run the whole league then throw him in as a late change on the eve of the final game. Not an easy situation for the lad himself but hopefully he can turn in a good display.